• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
黒鍵

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Hiroshi TAKAKI
Hiroshi TAKAGI

Both of these are actually the same person. The latter has more entries but the correct reading of the last name should be TAKAKI and not TAKAGI.

Sources:
http://hiroshitakaki.com/ (Official Website)
http://anison.info/data/person/15521.html (Anison Generation)

Last edited by 黒鍵 on Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
黒鍵

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:05 am Reply with quote
Yoshiaki MATSUMOTO
Yoshirou MATSUMOTO

The two persons above seems to be the same person. The latter (松本ヨシロウ) appears to be a pseudonym used by the former. A comparison of the list of anime which they took part in from the sources stated below strongly points to the fact that the two entries above are in fact the same person.

Sources:
http://www.hc-c.co.jp/soft_link/yoshirou.html
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/松本ヨシロウ

Last edited by 黒鍵 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:42 am Reply with quote
... plus Japanese Wikipedia auto-redirects 松本吉朗 to 松本ヨシロウ and explains that
松本 ヨシロウ (まつもと よしろう = MATSUMOTO Yoshirou) is the stage name and
松本 吉朗 (まつもと よしあき MATSUMOTO Yoshiaki) is the real name.

dormcat (Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:02 pm) wrote:
Quote:
渡部圭祐
(Sigh) Watabe and Watanabe is always a pain in the butt. Both can give 渡部.
Right now I also stumbled over this 渡部圭祐 with
  • Keisuke WATABE (25 credits for animation including Banner of the Stars, Gurren Lagann, Zenki TV) and
  • Keisuke WATANABE (16 credits for animation including Banner of the Stars, Gurren Lagann, Zenki TV)
and happened to see that he has his own Wikipedia page with a myriad of listed anime references (including all three titles I mentioned above, I didn't check the rest); the reading is given there as わたべ けいすけ = WATABE Keisuke. Would this help to finally merge these two entries?
黒鍵

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki ITO
Kazuki ITOU

Both of them are key animators. A few random checks on the livedoor Wiki sources for their staff roles listed reveal that they have the same name in Japanese "伊藤一樹". They are very likely the same person.
386sky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:56 am Reply with quote
j1m0ne wrote:

You get this message each time when you visit this.
503 Service Unavailable
No server is available to handle this request.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:39 am Reply with quote
木全孝幸 can be read as
Takayuki KIZEN (no kanji, 1 staff as Photography for Trans Arts) and
Takayuki KIMATA (no kanji, 2 staff as Photography for Trans Arts).
Based on a 20:1 vote by Google for Kimata over Kizen for 木全 I gave the kanji to KIMATA and added a third credit there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Fumi ORITA (織田 芙実, 3 cast for Noein, Toward the Terra, CODE-E) is a kanji misreading duplicate of
Fumi ODA (織田 芙実, 13 cast, baobab website, Wikipedia page)
as the Wikipedia page lists ノエイン, 地球へ, and CODE-E amongst the credits for Fumi ODA.
4 roles flagged and added; now Fumi ORITA's roles should be hidden and her kanji name removed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hisashi ODA (no kanji, 2 cast for Mouse, Bleach) is a duplicate of
Hisafumi ODA (小田 久史, 18 cast, new Artsvision website (the old one is HTTP-404), Wikipedia page)
as his website lists BLEACH, his Wikipedia page both BLEACH and MOUSE amongst the credits for Hisafumi ODA.
2 roles flagged and added; now Hisashi ODA's roles should be hidden.
Grenzer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
This one seemed to be buried by a load of other issues, but it needs to be addressed.

Taliesin Jaffe

person#5063

is the same person as

Talis Axelrod

person#59623

and

T. Axelrod

person#26910

The other two names are just alternate spellings of his first and mother's maiden name, and should be merged into the main entry.

Also, Jason C. Miller (person#50208) needs to be merged with J.C. Miller (person#22574).

They are the same person, just credited under slightly different ways. See his webiste for confirmation.

http://www.jasoncharlesmiller.com/
Grenzer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Also, please merge

Kahoru Fujino

person#7639

with

Kaoru Fujino

person#50812

Kahoru is merely a misreading of かほる. Thank you.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:42 pm Reply with quote
But かほる is ka-ho-ru...? ("Kaoru" would be かおる so apparently Kaoru is the misreading.)
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:29 pm Reply with quote
I looked it up before and Japanese wikipedia (among other sites*) indicates it should be pronounced Kaoru, but since I have no idea what rules are being employed here (if any) I decided not to comment. I'm not aware of any circumstance where ho is pronounced o, but I'm not the most knowledgeable person with regards to Japanese so it could be some archaic or regional thing.

* e.g. http://www.va-dic.net/data/h/Fujino_Kaoru.html and http://jp.jade-voice.com/actor/1349/

Usually their agency site would be the go-to reference, but they are freelance.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I'm not aware of any circumstance where ho is pronounced o, but I'm not the most knowledgeable person with regards to Japanese so it could be some archaic or regional thing.

Per ENMDICT, some of the kanji versions can be pronounced both "Kahoru" and "Kaoru", but AFAIK "ほ" is always "ho"—though as you point out, it could be a regional or archaic variation.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:27 am Reply with quote
Tomonori Matsuda has just one cast role.

But the source given for this credit points to the IMDB page of Satoshi Matsuda (1978-12-16), including the information "also known as Tomonori Matsuda".

So Tomonori Matsuda is an alias of Satoshi Matsuda (松田 悟志, 1978-12-16) and both should be merged.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Munahisa HIGUCHI (樋口 宗久, 6 staff for Production Manager including Sailor Moon) is a spelling error duplicate of
Munehisa HIGUCHI (樋口 宗久 = ひぐち むねひさ, Wikipedia page with credits including Sailor Moon, 2 staff for Production Manager).
"宗久" has 2 EDICT readings, "Munehisa" and "Soukyuu"; "Munahisa" isn't even an EDICT entry.
So the 6 credits should be moved from "Munahisa" to "Munehisa".
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:58 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Yu KOBAYASHI

This one is simple. 小林 ゆう is the seiyuu, 小林 祐 is the animator.

OK, maybe not so simple since there looks to be two animators

小林 優:
Yugioh 5Ds
Special A
Hayate no Gotoku!!
Canaan
Railgun
Natsu no Arashi 2

小林 祐:
Miracle Train
Kiddy Girl-and
Not really simple as 小林 祐 has been credited under the name of Hiroshi KOBAYASHI for FMA: Brotherhood. These one-kanji given names are quite a challenge for first-time contributors.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Two persons with 五月女 有作 at ANN:
Yusaku SAOTOME (20 staff for Storyboard, Episode Director, Animation Director)
Yusaku SATSUKIME (5 staff for Storyboard, Episode Director: (1989) Aoi Blink (TV), (1989) (The) New Adventures of Kimba The White Lion TV, (1991) Oniisama E... (TV), (2001) Daisuki! Bubu- Chacha (TV), (2009) Fairy Tail (TV))
Allcinema says: 五月女有作 = さおとめ・ゆうさく = SAOTOME Yuusaku with 20 credits including 青いブリンク = Aoi Blink and ジャングル大帝 = Kimba the White Lion (no episode director credits for Oniisama E and Fairy Tail, no Bubu-Chacha entry at all in Allcinema).

So Yusaku SATSUKIME is a different kanji reading duplicate of Yusaku SAOTOME.
SannaSK

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:14 am Reply with quote
SannaSK wrote:
Not a duplicate person, per se, but this seemed to be the closest appropriate forum.
person#59223
Ann(e) Chenoweth is now Ann Chenoweth-Carr.

I've seen People entries where older work was credited to the name used at that time, and newer work is not credited with the older name. I can't seem to figure out how to do this on my own, so I suspect this is a function (understandably) restricted to ANN site personnel?

The Ouran Fangirl credit ( anime#6122 ) needs to be changed to 'Ann Chenoweth-Carr' as well... but it's possible someone on my level can make that change once the name has been altered.

Thanks for your time. Anime smile

Is this forum still the most appropriate way to petition to get a name updated?
braves

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:12 am Reply with quote
SannaSK wrote:
Is this forum still the most appropriate way to petition to get a name updated?
The backlog for a number of things on the Encyclopedia is huge and it's growing every day. Considering that nobody knows when the backlog for duplicate persons even starts and that there doesn't seem to be anybody who's taking care of them, I've given up on posting anything on this thread. I think that we should start posting individual threads for each duplicate person like we're doing for profiles housing two or more people instead of putting them on here.

To answer your question, yes this is the appropriate forum for this type of inquiry. You should have provided a source for your report since the editors on here can't just take your word for it.

NOTE: Hopefully I didn't come off as being too confrontational here. I'm only frustrated that there doesn't seem be anywhere near enough manpower to handle everything that's going on here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 60 of 144