Interest - October 2010
- Frontier Works, Animate.tv Reveal Halloween Town Project ()
- TBS to Sell Official K-On!! Audio Cassette Player ()
- Gainax Offers His & Her Panty & Stocking Underwear ()
- Otakon Launches Satoshi Kon Farewell Project ()
- Daily Video: Hidamari Sketch's Aoki Draws on Wacom ()
- Oreimo's Kirino Fragrance, Doll for Sale in Japan ()
- Daily Video: Ex-Prime Minister Asō Pitches 'Moe Sake' ()
- Rie Tanaka, Male Angel Beats Character Get Body Pillow Covers ()
- Actress Yui Aragaki Plans Daytime Stargazing with Fans ()
- TinierMe Hosts Black Butler, Second Life Hosts Laputa ()
- Daily Video: Kimagure Orange Road's Izumi Matsumoto ()
- Precure Voice Actress Orie Kimoto Has Baby Boy ()
- Tokyo's Vandalized KochiKame Statue to Be Replaced ()
- Japan's Largest Pokémon Shop to Open in Osaka ()
- 5th Annual Seiyū Awards' Voting Begins in 2 Languages ()
- Maka-Maka/Colorful's Kishi Makes Manga for Nissan, UK Mag ()
- TBS Sells 3.5 Kilograms of K-ON!! Go-han ha Okazu!! Rice ()
- Daily Interest Briefs ()
- Daily Video: Vocaloid-Singing, Dancing Robot ()
- Ex-Morning Musume Tsuji: I Will Not Name Baby After Dragon Ball ()
- Panty & Stocking Giant-Face Shirts for Sale in Japan ()
- Koe de Oshigoto! Prologue Told in Visual Novel Form ()
- Daily Video: Gundam's Core Fighter Modeled in 1/1-Scale ()
- Daily Video: CA Candidate's Aide Links to K-ON! Video ()
- Catherine Horror Game Opening Streamed with Credits ()
- Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Game Announced (Update 3) ()
- SDF-1 Macross Cake Featured at Sega Manager's Wedding ()
- NA Fist of the North Star Game Demo Launches Oct. 19 ()
- Star Driver Studio to Job Seekers: Do the Kiraboshi Pose ()
- Voice Actress Tomo Saeki Marries ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010, Finals ()
- Toei Sells Precure's Cure Sunshine Bed Sheets ()
- AKB48's Akimoto Steps Down From Team Captain Role ()
- Daily Video: Sola to robo Ad in Guinness Record Attempt ()
- Idol Shoko Nakagawa Models Evangelion-Themed Wetsuit ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010, Semifinals ()
- Lucky Star Town to Host Otaku Matchmaking Event ()
- Daily Video: Emma's Mori, Others Draw Joint Wall Mural Part II ()
- Sakura Wars Creator Photographed at AKB48 Idol's Home ()
- Opera Web Browser's 'Opera-tan' Mascot Gets Figure ()
- Daily Video: Emma's Mori, Others Draw Joint Wall Mural ()
- Macross F Film Strip Auction Ends at 174,000 Yen ()
- GTO's Fujisawa Marries, Expects Child in February ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010, Quarterfinals ()
- Hayao Miyazaki Art Adorns Tokyo Bike License Plates ()
- Web-Based Gundam Browser Wars Game Launches This Month ()
- Daily Video: Manga Art Evolution ()
- Daily Video: AKB48 Female Idol Group's Dating Game ()
- Book Teaches Chemistry with Lucky Star Manga ()
- Takashi Murakami's 'Miss ko2' Sculpture Up for Auction ()
- Daily Video: Creator Shintaro Kago Drawing Latest Manga ()
- 'Anime Geek' Character to Appear on U.S. Network TV ()
- Kill Bill's Kuriyama Makes Gintama Cameo in Elizabeth's Mouth ()
- Writer Addresses Issue of Adult Games in Oreimo Anime ()
- Invader Zim Creator Comments on Panty & Stocking ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010, Groups E-H ()
- Angel Beats, Durarara!! Fragrances for Sale in Japan ()
- 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2010 Finals, Groups A-D ()
What did this anime about fictional characters confronting their makers have to say about the creative process? This week in anime, we tackle the conclusion of Sota and Altair's story. ― Re:CREATORS is a story about fictional characters meeting the people who created them, but just how far does its metafictional rabbit hole go? This week in anime, Micchy and Steve follow Sota and Altair's tale all th...
To call the end of Danganronpa "shocking" would be an understatement! Jacob Chapman takes on the controversial final chapter in this SPOILER-FREE review. ― Prior to the release of this (second?) conclusion to the main Danganronpa trilogy, series creator Kazutaka Kodaka was emphatic in several interviews that this "new semester" would be completely open to newcomers. While it would bring closure to th...
It may never grab the spotlight like other long-running JRPG series, but the Ys games have a long legacy and a strong pedigree. With a new game on the horizon, here's everything a beginner needs to know. ― At one time a premier role-playing franchise that stood toe-to-toe against the likes of Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest, a variety of factors prevented Nihon Falcom's Ys from achieving the mainstrea...
It's an original anime by Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koenig and famous actor Jaden Smith, along with a celebrity voice cast. What could possibly go wrong? Mike Toole investigates Netflix's latest original. ― They finally did it, folks: they animated Jaden Smith's Twitter account. That was what I thought after hearing Smith's character, Kaz, unwind the first of many bizarre pronouncements, in a bid...
You see it in the credits of anime blurays and DVDs all the time - but what does "video post-production" actually entail? Justin has the answer. ― Craig asked: Just finished watching the third Berserk film, The Advent and in the credits I saw your name. for Video post production. What exactly do you do in terms of post production(clean up, video/audio compression, restoration?)? Do all companies who...
Paul Jensen takes a look at the long-awaited blu-ray of Kyoto Animation's unusual mystery series, along with a rundown of this week's new anime releases! ― I went to a screening of Lupin III: The Castle of Cagliostro last week. It was my first time seeing the movie, and I have to say it was a blast. If you're a Lupin fan or are interested in Hayao Miyazaki's early work as a director, it's definitely...
One of the most compelling adventures in the Haruhi saga finally arrives on Blu-ray! Nick Creamer takes a look at this uniquely engrossing film. ― After the madcap adventures and slapstick comedy of Haruhi Suzumiya's first two seasons, the anime series was capped off with a film unlike anything that had come before. Somber, slow-paced, and introspective, The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya represent...
Mike's quest for unlicensed anime leads him to the strange case of "I Give My All", a racy OVA from the 80s that was very nearly released here... until it wasn't! ― As part of the work I do with the Discotek gang, I occasionally work on some cool shows that were once licensed, but never really released on video in the west—you know, the really good anime, like Fighting Foodons. As the years pass, the...
The inimitable screenwriter behind Hanasaku Iroha, anohana, and Anthem of the Heart just released her autobiography. Kim Morrissy shares the recent director's enlightening story. ― Mari Okada recently became a topic of discussion when it was announced that she was directing an original anime film at P.A. Works. For many, this news came as a surprise, because unlike most anime directors, Okada has no ...
These episodic adventures of modern, everyday witches are charming if a little light on lasting impact. Theron Martin delves into Generation Witch. ― Witches as commonly portrayed in anime and manga – flying around on a broomstick sporting a long pointy hat – are decidedly a Western phenomenon, but that hasn't prevented them from popping up in Japanese media on a regular basis over the years. Generat...
School is back in session for the fall, but you'd better hope your new instructors aren't anything like these terrible tutors! ― It's the final week of summer, although most retail stores skipped straight to pumpkin season a few weeks ago. Deny it all you want, but the back-to-school grind is here which means notebooks, packed community college parking lots, and a handful of new instructors trying t...
Despite being a far-flung film prequel to its source material, No Game No Life Zero might just outshine the original TV series. Kim Morrissy breaks down what makes this movie shine. ― No Game No Life Zero isn't like the No Game No Life you've seen before. It takes all the interesting themes of the original TV series and peels away all the fanservice and frivolities, resulting in a tonally different n...
Ichiro Inuyashiki, a dull-looking elderly employee who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, is struck by a UFO falling from the sky and reborn with a mechanical body. ― INUYASHIKI LAST HERO Official Website: http://www.inuyashiki-project.com/ Official Twitter: @inu_noitamina Official Facebook: https://ja-jp.facebook.com/inuyashiki/ Introduction Characters Cast & Staff Gallery Premiering on Octob...