News Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu Anime's Ad Promotes 1st BD/DVD Volume
posted on 2017-05-27 02:00 EDT
The official website of the Katsugeki! Tōken Ranbu (Action Picture! Touken Ranbu) television anime series began streaming a commercial on Saturday for the anime's first Japanese Blu-ray Disc and DVD home video volume. The first volume is slated for July 26, and will include the first episode, with limited editions including a CD and a booklet. (Note: The YouTube video in the link above is region-locked to Japan.)
The previously announced cast includes:
- Ryohei Kimura as Izuminokami Kanesada
- Kento Hama as Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki
- Junya Enoki as Horikawa Kunihiro
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Yagen Tōshirō
- Tooru Sakurai as Tonbokiri
- Sōma Saitō as Tsurumaru Kuninaga
- Junko Minagawa as Saniwa
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Konnosuke
The show has eight character designers, each handling the animation design for a different character:
- Toko Uchimura, designing Izuminokami Kanesada
- Moe Tsuzuki, designing Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki
- Miyuki Ishizuka, designing Horikawa Kunihiro
- Rio Niisato, designing Yagen Tōshirō
- Yuka Shiojima, designing Tonbokiri
- Miki Yamazaki, designing Tsurumaru Kuninaga
- Kayo Onizawa, designing Saniwa
- Yukako Serai, designing Konnosuke
Aniplex of America describes the series:
The year is 1863 as the tumultuous samurai era is coming to an end, Japan is split between the pro-shogunate and anti-shogunate factions. The fate of the world is threatened as an army of historical revisionists are sent from the future to alter the course of history. In order to bring these forces down and protect the real history, two sword warriors, spirits who are swords brought to life by Saniwa (sage), rush to Edo. The polite and thoughtful Horikawa Kunihiro and the short tempered yet skillful Izuminokami Kanesada, who served the same master, confront the invading army along with a lively gang of other warriors including Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki, Yagen Toushirou, Tombokiri, and Tsurumaru Kuninaga.
As the fate of history lies in these hero's hands, what meets the blade is yet to be uncovered...
Toshiyuki Shirai (Fate/Zero, Tales of Zestiria the X animation director) is directing the series at ufotable. Mitsuru Obunai, Masaru Kimura, and Masayuki Kunihiro are the sword fight animators. Tatsuya Yamamura is in charge of historical research, and Kōgyoku Watanabe is the sword fight supervisor. Hideyuki Fukasawa (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Flowers of Evil) is composing the music. Sōma Saitō is performing the show's opening theme song, and Kalafina is performing the ending theme song.
Thanks to Dennis R for the embedded video.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history