Viz's Sailor Moon English Dub to Premiere on Hulu, Neon Alley on Friday
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
Viz Media announced on Tuesday that the first four episodes of its Sailor Moon English dub will premiere on Hulu and Neon Alley on Friday at 11:00 p.m. EST. Dubbed episodes 5-23 will begin streaming on Sunday at 3:00 a.m. EST.
Viz staff will accept questions during the live stream on Facebook or with the hashtag #MoonlightParty on Twitter and answer the questions during the event. Prizes will also be awarded to participants during a trivia contest.
The dub cast is as follows:
- Stephanie Sheh as Usagi Tsukino/Sailor Moon
- Kate Higgins as Ami Mizuno/Sailor Mercury
- Cristina Vee as Rei Hino/Sailor Mars
- Amanda C. Miller as Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter
- Cherami Leigh as Minako Aino/Sailor Venus
- Robbie Daymond as Mamoru Chiba/Tuxedo Mask
- Michelle Ruff as Luna
- Johnny Yong Bosch as Artemis
- Danielle Nicole as Naru Osaka
- Ben Diskin as Gurio Umino
- Tara Platt as Ikuko Tsukino
- Keith Silverstein as Kenji Tsukino
- Nicolas Roye as Shingo Tsukino
- Cindy Robinson as Queen Beryl
- Todd Haberkorn as Jadeite
- Liam O'Brien as Nephrite
- Lucien Dodge as Zoicite
- Patrick Seitz as Kunzite
Part one of the first season's Blu-ray and DVD release will ship on November 11. The Blu-ray box set will include three Blu-rays, a chipboard box with space for part two, and a collectible 88-page booklet filled with art, character profiles, episode guides. Video extras include an interactive art gallery, dub recording behind the scenes, announcement panel and fan reactions, hype trailer, clean opening and ending, and trailers.
Viz Media announced its license of all 200 episodes, the three feature films, and the assorted tie-in specials of the original Sailor Moon franchise and the new Sailor Moon Crystal anime series. The original series is streaming on Hulu and Viz's Neon Alley service. The company is also streaming Sailor Moon Crystal as it airs in Japan along with Crunchyroll and Hulu.