2nd Baby Steps Season Casts Masakazu Morita
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
NHK's Anime World website revealed on Tuesday that the second season of the Baby Steps TV anime has cast Masakazu Morita (Bleach's Ichigo, Dragon Ball Super's Wiss) as Sakuya Takagi, a classmate and clubmate of Yū Nabae. The character will debut in the anime's 19th episode on Sunday. The website also revealed the character's visual.
The cast also includes:
- Taishi Murata as Eiichiro Maruo
- Minako Kotobuki as Natsu Takasaki
- Daisuke Namikawa as Takuma Egawa
- Takuma Terashima as Kojirō Kageyama
- Hiro Shimono as Yukichi Fukasawa
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Takuya Miyagawa
- Tomoaki Maeno as Ryo Ōbayashi
- Wataru Hatano as Hiroshi Araya
- Yuuki as Yūki Tajima
- Taiten Kusunoki as Coach Miura
- Asami Seto as Himeko Sasaki
- Yoshiyuki Shimozuma as Nariyuki Koshimizu
- Shintarō Asanuma as Hiromi Iwasa
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Sōji Ike
- Takahiro Sakurai as Yū Nabae
- Kentarou Itou as Takayuki Okada
- Kenn as Yoshiaki Ide
- Kousuke Toriumi as Coach Aoi
The Baby Steps television anime adapts Hikaru Katsuki's manga of the same name, which revolves around Eiichirō "Ei-chan" Maruo, a punctual and earnest boy who has striven for straight As since elementary school. The 15-year-old high school boy stops by a tennis school to deal with his lack of exercise. There, he meets Natsu Takasaki, a beautiful, earnest girl who only has passion for tennis. The second season's story picks up at a Florida academy where the rival players of the world vie for #1. The season is slated for 25 episodes.
The first anime series premiered last April. Pierrot (Naruto, Kingdom) animated the first television series with a total of 25 episodes. Katsuki himself collaborated on the creation of episodes with original stories not told in the manga. Kenji Saito (Dennō Coil, Bakuman, Bottom Biting Bug) produced the anime for NHK. Crunchyroll streamed the first series as it aired in Japan, and is also streaming the currently ongoing second season.