News Sanzigen Reveals Bubuki Buranki TV Anime's Cast, Staff, Story, January 9 Debut
posted on 2015-12-08 02:30 EST
The January 2016 issue of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine is revealing additional staff, the cast, the story, and the January 9 premiere of Sanzigen Animation Studio's 10th anniversary original television anime Bubuki Buranki on Thursday. In addition, the website also revealed a new visual for the anime.
The cast includes :
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Azuma Kazuki
- Ari Ozawa as Kogane Asabuki
- Sōma Saitō as Hiiragi Nono
- Shizuka Ishigami as Noa Ōgi
- Mikako Komatsu as Shizuru
- Megumi Han as Eiko
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Shūsaku Matobai
- Yōko Hikasa as Zetsubi Hazama
- Subaru Kimura as Munenari Shinsō
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Akihito Tsuwa
The magazine describes the anime's story:
Returning to Japan after having been away for 10 years, Azuma Akira finds himself attacked and captured by armed strangers. What saved him was his childhood friend, the girl Ōgon Asabuki, and the Bubuki that had become her right hand.
The anime celebrates Sanzigen Animation Studio's 10th anniversary. The anime will premiere on Tokyo MX on January 9 at 10:00 p.m.
The additional staff includes:
- Bubuki Design - Asagiri
- Mechanical design - Takeshi Takakura
- Prop design - Yoshinori Iwanaga
- Sub-Character Design - Tomomi Ozaki
- Visual Design - Tomoyuki Arima, Takuya Sejima
- CG Supervisor - Daisuke Suzuki
Daizen Komatsuda (Evangelion 1.0, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya key animation) will make his directorial debut with the series. Jirō Ishii (CANAAN, Under the Dog, Monster Strike) and Yukinori Kitajima (Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash!, Hamatora, Brynhildr in the Darkness) will be in charge of the scripts. Yuusuke Kozaki (Speed Grapher, Donyatsu, Fire Emblem: Awakening) is designing the characters. Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Breath of Fire series, Devil May Cry 4) is credited for "Buranki Design." Masaru Yokoyama (The Rolling Girls, Your Lie in April, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) is composing the music. Quadrangle is credited with the original work.
Konomi Suzuki is performing the opening theme, and MYTH&ROID is performing the ending theme.
Update: Corrected some name romanizations.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history