News Princess Principal Original TV Anime Revealed With Cast, Staff, Promo Video, Summer 2017 Debut
posted on 2017-03-24 02:00 EDT
The Princess Principal Project unveiled a website on Friday to announce Princess Principal, an original television anime series set to premiere in Japan this summer. The website began streaming a promotional video for the series and revealed the anime's synopsis, cast and staff, and character designs.
The "spy action" series follows five girls in 19th century London, a city within the Albion Kingdom divided into east and west by a large wall. The girls serve as undercover spies enrolled as students at the prestigious Queen's Mayfair school. The girls make use of their individual abilities to remain active in the underground world of disguise, espionage, infiltration, and car chases.
The announced cast includes:
Masaki Tachibana (Barakamon, .hack//Quantum) is directing the series at Studio 3Hz and Actas. Ichiro Okouchi (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress) is in charge of the series composition and is also writing the scripts. Kouhaku Kuroboshi (Kino's Journey, Sky Girls) is designing the original characters, and Yukie Akiya (Celestial Method, Code:Breaker) is adapting the characters for animation and is also serving as a co-chief animation director for the series. Yuki Kajiura (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero) is composing the music.
Other staff members include:
- Co-Chief Animation Director: Kimitake Nishio
- Concept Art: Munashichi
- Mechanical Design: Fumihiro Katagai
- Researcher: Seiichi Shirato
- Setting Collaboration: Rasenjin Hayami
- Prop Design: Ryou Akizuki
- Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
- Art Director: Nobutaka Ike
- Background Art: Morihito Ohara and Yuuho Taniuchi
- Color Design: Yuko Tsumori
- Head of 3D Animation: Tri-Slash
- Graphic Art: Hirofumi Araki
- Director of Photography: Yu Wakabayashi
- Editor: Gō Sadamatsu
A smartphone game titled Princess Principal Game of Mission is also in development. Preregistration for the game will begin on June 30.
Source: MoCa News