Kengan Ashura Anime Reveals 14 More Character Roles
posted on by Alex Mateo
The newly revealed character roles include:
- Akio Ohtsuka as Agito Kanō
- Atsushi Ono as Yoshinari Karo
- Mai Kanazawa as Honald
- Naomi Kusumi as Yōhei Bandō
- Tesshō Genda as Gensai Kuroki
- Misao Kobayashi as Korinmaru Ajiro
- Kōichi Gomi as Ken Ryūōzan
- Shouzou Sasaki as Sanemitsu Yoroizuka
- Ryota Takeuchi as Kirimi Takakaze
- Yūsuke Hoshino as Masami Nezu
- Yasunori Masutani as Yukio Dazai
- Hiroshi Matsumoto as Kunihiro Yumeno
- Kenta Miyake as Takeru Kiōzan
- Masumi Yoshida as Karugo Kurachi
The anime premiered on Netflix globally on July 31.
Seiji Kishi (Danganronpa The Animation, Yuki Yuna Is a Hero) is directing the anime at Larx Entertainment. Makoto Uezu (Akame ga KILL!, The Heroic Legend of Arslan) is in charge of series composition, and Kazuaki Morita (Tsuki ga Kirei, Assassination Classroom) is designing the characters. Team-MAX's Yasuharu Takanashi (Fairy Tail, Naruto Shippūden) is composing the music. MY FIRST STORY are performing the theme song "King & Ashley." Hip hop crew BAD HOP is performing the anime's ending theme song "Born This Way."
In the manga's story, businesses and merchants wager large sums of money to hire combatants for unarmed hand-to-hand fighting matches. The winner takes all in these Kengan competitions that originated during the Edo period. Merchants use the fights as a means to resolve disputes with each other. The strong and mysterious Ōma Tokita, whose nickname is Ashura, enters these matches. Nogi Group president Hideki Nogi keeps his ambitions to himself when he meets Ashura. Events begin to swirl around the Kengan fights as Ashura enters the fray.