Interest 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2012 Group Finals
posted on 2012-10-23 22:30 EDT
Almost any female character in a television anime, anime film, original video anime (OVA), or web anime released in Japan between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012 is eligible for the tournament. The main exceptions are characters from 18+ anime, who are not eligible.
Foreigners are technically capable of participating in the tournament; English-language instructions on how to vote have been provided by the Anime Saimoe fan site.
The results for Group Finals went as follows, with vote counts:
|(Group A) 10/16:
* Saki Miyanagi - Saki Episode of Side A - 226 (Winner)
Koromo Amae - Saki Episode of Side A - 214
(Group C) 10/18:
(Group E) 10/20:
(Group G) 10/22:
(Group B) 10/17:|
*Toki Onjouji - Saki Episode of Side A - 583 (Winner)
Akari Akaza - Yuruyuri - 417
(Group F) 10/21:
At the end of the group play, only eight girls remain. The girls of Saki Achiga-hen episode of side-A continues to demonstrate power in numbers by taking up six spots in top eight, a feat never achieved by any anime series in Saimoe history.
Joining them are six-time Saimoe veteran Shana and four-time veteran Louise de la Valliere — both voiced by Rie Kugimiya. However, history is not in favor of the two. Despite showing consistently successful performances over the years, Shana hasn't made it into Top 4 since her debut in 2006 and Louise has yet to advance into Top 4 in previous competitions. Baring any future announcements of a sequel or adaptation, this will be their final Saimoe appearance.
Winners of the group competitions will go on to compete with characters outside of their groups in the quarterfinals beginning on Friday, October 26. Matches were determined by random draw and will be played out as follows:
- 10/26: Louise de la Valliere vs. Toki Onjouji
- 10/27: Nodoka Haramura vs. Saki Miyanaga
- 10/28: Kuro Matsumi vs. Yuu Matsumi*
- 10/29: Shana vs. Hisa Takei
Based on total number of votes collected so far this tournament, the group winners are currently ranked as follows:
- Toki Onjouji - Saki Episode of Side A - 1690
- Yuu Matsumi - Saki Episode of Side A - 1685
- Kuro Matsumi - Saki Episode of Side A - 1412
- Louise de la Valliere - Familiar of Zero F - 1229
- Hisa Takei - Saki Episode of Side A - 1187
- Saki Miyanaga - Saki Episode of Side A - 1168
- Nodoka Haramura - Saki Episode of Side A - 1156
- Shana - Shakugan no Shana III (Final) - 1135
For a look back at this year's previous results, ANN's reports can be found below:
- Introduction: (Introduction)
- First Round Voting: (Groups A, B), (Groups C, D), (Groups E, F), (Groups G, H)
- Second Round Voting: (Groups A-D), (Groups E-H)
- Third Round Voting: (Groups A-H)
Saimoe 2012 is taking a one-day break starting Tuesday, October 30, after the Top 4 are determined. ANN's next report will take place some time after that day with the results.
follow-up of 2ch Forum's Saimoe Tournament 2012 Round 3: Groups A-H
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history