News Updated Psycho-Pass Promo Video Previews Song
posted on 2012-09-13 13:15 EDT
Fuji TV's Noitamina programming block began streaming an updated version of the upcoming Psycho-Pass television anime series' first promo video on Thursday. Noitamina actually posted the video earlier in the day, but then toggled it to private viewing only for several hours.
The last half of the updated video uses a new song "abnormalize" from the anime's opening theme performers, the post-hardcore/progressive rock band Ling Tosite Sigure. The video also lists many of the main staff and cast members:
- Original Character Designer: Akira Amano (Reborn manga)
- Animation Production: Production I.G
- Opening Theme: Ling Tosite Sigure
- Original Story/Scripts: Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero)
- Director: Naoyoshi Shiotani (Blood+, Tokyo Marble Chocolate)
- Chief Director: Katsuyuki Motohiro (Space Travelers, live-action Night Head, live-action Antique Bakery, Bayside Shakedown)
- Tomokazu Seki as Shinya Kōgami
- Kana Hanazawa as Akane Tsunemori
- Kenji Nojima as Nobuchika Ginoza
- Kinryuu Arimoto as Tomomi Masaoka
- Akira Ishida as Shūsei Kagari
- Shizuka Itou as Yayoi Kunizuka
- Miyuki Sawashiro as Shion Karanomori
- Takahiro Sakurai as Shōgo Makishima
The series takes place in the near future, when it is possible to instantaneously measure and quantify a person's state of mind and personality. This information is recorded and processed, and the term "Psycho-Pass" in the anime's title refers to a standard used to measure an individual's being. The story centers around the "enforcement officer" Shinya Kōgami (Seki) who is tasked with managing crime in such a world.
The series will premiere on October 11.
Thanks to Vito Plahuta and Abdulkadir Gündoğdu for the news tips.
Update: New character spellings added from updated website. The Sankei Sports newspaper lists the anime as 22 episodes long.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history