Tomokazu Seki Joins 2nd Yowapeda/Yowamushi Pedal Season
posted on by Egan Loo
Voice actor Tomokazu Seki will play Eikichi Machimiya in Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road, the second Yowapeda (Yowamushi Pedal) anime season which will premiere on October 6. Machimiya is the ace cyclist from Hiroshima Kureminami Technical High School, and he earned the nickname "the Fighting Dog of Kure." While he joins the other teams in trying to take down the dominant Hakone Academy, his smiling face belies another facet of his personality. This will be the first time that Seki is playing a character with a Hiroshima accent.
The following cast and staff are returning from the first season:
- Daiki Yamashita as Sakamichi Onoda
- Kousuke Toriumi as Shunsuke Imaizumi
- Jun Fukushima as Shōkichi Naruko
- Hiroki Yasumoto as Shingo Kinjō
- Showtaro Morikubo as Yūsuke Makishima
- Kentarou Itou as Jin Tadokoro
- Daisuke Kishio as Junta Teshima
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka as Hajime Aoyagi
- Junichi Suwabe as Toji Kanzaki
- Ayaka Suwa as Miki Kanzaki
- Megumi Han as Aya Tachibana
- Tomoaki Maeno as Juichi Fukutomi
- Tsubasa Yonaga as Sangaku Manami
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Jinpachi Tōdō
- Satoshi Hino as Hayato Shinkai
- Hiroyuki Yoshino as Yasutomo Arakita
- Atsushi Abe as Tōichirō Izumida
- Koji Yusa as Akira Midōsuji
- Hirofumi Nojima as Kōtarō Ishigaki
- Yukari Tamura as Kotori Himeno
- Original creator: Wataru Watanabe
- Director: Osamu Nabeshima
- Series Composition: Reiko Yoshida
- Character Design: Takahiko Yoshida
- Animation Production: TMS Entertainment
Wataru Watanabe's Yowamushi Pedal (Yowapeda) manga follows Sakamichi Onoda, an otaku at Sōhoku High School. He loves anime and games so much, that he would ride his commuter bicycle to and from Tokyo's Akihabara shopping district in a 90-kilometer (about 60-mile) round trip over steep slopes after school. Onoda's life changes when he encounters his school's cycling team, and he ends up joining the competitive sport of bicycle racing.
The television anime premiered last October, and Crunchyroll streamed the anime outside of Japan as it aired. A compilation film, Yowamushi Pedal: Re:RIDE, is playing in a limited two-week engagement from September 19 to October 2 in 10 Japanese theaters. It compiles the first half of the Inter High arc from the first television anime season with some cuts of new footage added.
Wataru Watanabe launched the original manga in Akita Shoten's Weekly Shōnen Champion magazine in 2008, and Akita Shoten has printed 10 million copies of the manga's volumes. Besides the anime, the original manga also inspired stage plays and spinoff manga.
Source: Comic Natalie