Animatsu Announces First Titles and Marketing Partnership
posted on by Andrew Osmond
Animatsu, the new UK company launched by Jerome Mazandarani, has announced the following in a press release:
- Animatsu has 'recently closed a UK license deal with Sentai Filmworks for eight new anime licenses' including Blade & Soul (pictured), The Comic Artist and His Assistants and Chaika - The Coffin Princess. The company is also in 'advanced negotiations on a number of other high profile licenses.'
- Two more anime titles will be announced in the next issues of the UK news-stand magazines Neo and MyM, both due for publication on January 22.
- Animatsu has 'entered into an exclusive sales and marketing partnership with Manga Entertainment. Manga will provide Animatsu with backend services, including sales and distribution while Animatsu will handle all marketing and brand management for both companies.'
- 'Animatsu will assist Japanese and international anime filmmakers to develop and produce new films and TV series for the international market. In this context Animatsu has secured industry investment and acquisition funding.'
- The company will acquire rights for the UK and Ireland but also explore' acquiring distribution rights on a wider European basis, working with other experienced distributors in the territory.'
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history