CGV Screens Sadako vs. Kayako Crossover Film in 4DX on Wednesday
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Indonesian cinema chain CGV Cinemas announced on Tuesday that it will begin screening the Sadako vs. Kayako horror film on Wednesday in 4DX. The screenings will take place at the cinemas in Hartono Mall in Yogyakarta and Marvell City in Surabaya.
CGV Cinemas previously opened the film last August. The film opened in Japan last June.
The movie's cast includes:
- Mizuki Yamamoto as Yūri Kurahashi, a girl caught between Sadako and Kayako
- Tina Tamashiro as Suzuka Takagi, a girl who carries Kayako's curse after exploring the abandoned house
- Masahiro Komoto as Shinichi Morishige, a university professor investigating the cursed video
- Aimi Satsukawa as Natsumi, who sees the cursed video together with Yūri
- Masanobu Ando as Keizō, a spirit medium
- Misato Tanaka as Fumiko Takagi, Suzuka's mother
The film brings together the iconic horror film characters Sadako from Kadokawa's Ring franchise and Kayako from NBCUniversal's Ju-on franchise. Kōji Shiraishi (The Curse, A Record of Sweet Murder) directed the film.
The latest film in the Ju-on series, Ju-on: The Final, opened in Japan in June 2015. The film was marketed as the "final" film in the series. The first film in the series received a Hollywood remake in 2004, and had two sequel films. Sam Raimi is producing a planned reboot of the films.
The Ring horror film franchise is based on Koji Suzuki's novel of the same name. The franchise has received five films, as well as the two Sadako 3D films. The first film received a Hollywood remake in 2002, and had two sequels. A new Hollywood film titled Rings is in production, and it will open on February 3 after several delays.
The website of Ju-on: The Final previously ran an April Fools joke on its website in 2015 that promoted a then non-existant "Sadako vs. Kayako" crossover film.