Production I.G's 'Vertical Anime' App Reveals Promo Video, June 5 Launch Date
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
Production I.G revealed on Friday that its "Tate Anime" (Vertical Anime) smartphone app will now launch on June 5, after being indefinitely delayed last month. The company originally slated the app to launch in April.
The official website for the app is also streaming a promotional video.
The promotional video previews all of the nine works listed on the site:
- Kodoku no Gourmet, adapting Masayuki Kusumi and Jiro Taniguchi's manga
- My Teacher Mr. T (pictured below), adapting Takana Yukue's T-sensei manga
- Lunatan: Ichi-Man Nen no Himitsu, adapting NTT Plala's Lunatan ~Kyojin Luna to Chitei Tanken! app game
- Zannen Onna Kanbu Black General-san, adapting jin's Precarious Woman Executive Miss Black General manga
- African Office Worker, adapting Gamu's Africa no Salaryman manga
- Dekiru ka na, adapting Rieko Saibara's manga
- Kuruneko, adapting Yamato Kuruneko's cat manga blog
- Genghis Khan no Jin-kun, based on Asako Hashi and Kobo-artista's mascot
- Hitori Gurashi no Shōgakusei, adapting Kōichirō Matsushita's four-panel manga
Katsutoshi Murase's Karada Sagashi (Body Search) manga is also receiving an adaptation on the app.
The app will offer short (about three-minute) anime that will update every weekday, and each series will have 10 episodes. The new anime will be presented vertically for smartphones. The app is aimed at people who do not have time to watch television or do not own a television.
Source: Anime! Anime! (Katsunori Takahashi)