Phantom Breaker: Omnia Game Delayed to Early 2022
posted on by Alex Mateo
Rocket Panda Games revealed on Tuesday that it has delayed its release of the Phantom Breaker: Omnia 2D fighting game, an update of MAGES.' Phantom Breaker: Extra game, from 2021 to early 2022. Sakari "P," the game's director and producer, revealed that the localization and porting processes have been taking longer than expected. He noted that the game will enter quality assurance soon, and that the developers will announce the release date in the coming months.
Rocket Panda Games describes the story:
A mysterious man, known only as ‘Phantom’ appeared in Tokyo—the capital city of Japan—and manipulated vulnerable adolescents into fighting each other, bestowing upon them mystical weapons of great strength known as 'Fu-mension Artifacts.' In exchange, he promised to grant their wish if they survive.
Unbeknownst to the combatants, the fierce clashes between Fu-mension Artifacts caused distortions in space-time, which compromised the boundaries between parallel universes. The collapse of these parallel universes would ultimately break the seal, unleashing Phantom's destructive powers.
The game will feature 20 characters, including two new characters and the guest characters Kurisu Makise from the Steins;Gate series and Rimi Sakihata from the Chaos;HEAd series. Other features will include three fighting styles, a rebalanaced fighting system, a remixed soundtrack, and stories from both the original Phantom Breaker and Phantom Breaker: Extra games. The game will feature Japanese and English voice acting, and text options will include English, Japanese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.
The voice cast includes (Japanese/English):
- Ai Matayoshi/Luci Christian as Cocoa
- Tomoko Kaneda/Monica Rial as Fin
- Akeru Semi/Joe Zieja as Infinity
- Akiko Hasegawa/Erica Lindbeck as Itsuki
- Satomi Moriya/Sarah Williams as M
- Yukari Tamura/Kira Buckland as Mei
- Nana Mizuki/Erica Mendez as Mikoto
- Unlisted/SungWon Cho as Phantom
- Kenichi Suzumura/Alejandro Saab as Ren
- Ryoko Shiraishi/Caitlin Glass as Ria
- Yuka Ōtsubo/LilyPichu as Rin
- Ayaka Suwa/Laura Stahl as Shizuka
- Sumire Uesaka/Felecia Angelle as Sophia
- Eiji Miyashita/Matt Mercer as Tokiya
- Miyu Matsuki/Cristina Vee as Waka
- Aki Toyosaki/Amber Connor as Yuzuha
- Eri Kitamura/Carrie Savage as Rimi
- Asami Imai/Trina Nishimura as Kurisu Makise
- Kentaro Ito/Patrick Seitz as Gaito
- Yu Kobayashi/Daman Mills as Ende
Eir Aoi is performing the theme song "Contradiction."
The original Phantom Breaker game debuted for Xbox 360 in Japan in 2011. Phantom Breaker: Extra, an enhanced version of the original game, launched for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in Japan in 2013.
MAGES.' Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds game launched for Switch worldwide in December 2017 under the title Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive. The game launched on XBox Live Arcade in 2013, and is also available on PS Vita, PC, and PS4.