futekiya Boys-Love Manga Service Adds 13 Kaiohsha Titles
posted on by Alex Mateo
futekiya will announce release dates and English names for the following titles at a later date:
- Kedamono Arashi by Morry Kuroi
- Kedamono Arashi ―Hug Me Baby!― by Morry Kuroi
- Kedamono Arashi ―Kiss Me Baby!― by Morry Kuroi
- The Downstairs Resident Is Mr. Fudanshi Volumes 2-4 by Chihaya Kuroiwa
- Bitch na Neko wa Himitsu ni Shippo wo Yurasu by Mio Tennohji
- Nakaseteyaruyo Yankee-kun by Nozomu Hiiragi
- Sore wa Tabun Kyuuai by Iroha Megu
- Perfect Propose by Mayo Tsurukame
- Hoshino Doubutsu-en Koimonogatari Volumes 1-2 by Koyama
- Ashita, Okitara Kimi wa by Dentō Hayane
- Kokokara wa Off Reco de by Dentō Hayane
- Beast of Blood by Anji Seina
- Saiyaku ni Shite Madowazu Volumes 1-2 by Shimaji
Readers are able to read select chapters from the futekiya library for free, and subscribers to the futekiya service can access full volumes.
The futekiya service launched in July 2019, and it allows access to its entire library of manga for a monthly fee of US$6.99. The service is also offering licensed dōjinshi and manga by independent artists.
Manga Planet launched in November 2019. The service costs US$6.99 per month and allows users unlimited access to English-translated manga. In addition to manga licensed from publishers, the service offers works licensed from independent artists.
Manga Planet is also working with publishers LEED Publishing Co., Ltd., Bunkasha Publishing Co., Ltd.; Kaiohsha Publishing Co., Ltd.; San-Ei Corporation Co., Ltd.; Tokuma Shoten Publishing Co., Ltd.; Shodensha Publishing Co., Ltd.; Home-sha, Starts Publishing Corporation, K.K. HarperCollins Japan, and MugenUp Inc.
Manga Planet started as a joint project between Dai Nippon Printing Co., Ltd. and Fantasista, Inc. in 2012. The companies' goal with Manga Planet is to "[bring] new manga to fans from all over the world and support artists and the industry."
Disclosure: futekiya's Editor-in-Chief Emma Hanashiro worked at ANN as a news intern in 2014.
Source: Press release