News Haikyu!! Drama CD Promo Previews Anime Voice Cast
posted on 2013-12-27 14:30 EST
Weekly Shonen Jump began streaming a preview for the Haikyu!! drama CD bundled with volume nine of Haruichi Furudate's volleyball manga. The preview gives a first look at the anime adaptation's voice cast.
The anime cast includes:
- Ayumu Murase as Shōyō Hinata
- Kaito Ishikawa as Tobio Kageyama
- Kouki Uchiyama as Kei Tsukishima
- Miyu Irino as Kōshi Sugawara
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Yū Nishinoya
- Satoshi Hino as Daichi Sawamura
- Sōma Saitō as Tadashi Yamaguchi
- Yoshimasa Hosoya as Asahi Azumane
- Yuu Hayashi as Ryūnosuke Tanaka
- Kazunari Tanaka as Keishin Ukai
- Toshiki Masuda as Chikara Ennoshita
- Hiroshi Kamiya as Ittetsu Takeda
- Kaori Nazuka as Kiyoko Shimizu
- Daisuke Namikawa as Tōru Oikawa
The story of the original manga follows Shōyō Hinata (voiced by Ayumu Murase), who began playing volleyball after seeing an inspirational player nicknamed the "Small Giant" when he was in elementary school. Hinata suffers a crushing defeat in his first and last tournament in middle school at the hands of his rival Tobio Kageyama (Kaito Ishikawa). So, Hinata joins Kurasuno High School's volleyball team, vowing revenge against Kageyama.
However, Kageyama is also on Kurasuno's team. The former rivals form a legendary combo with Hinata's mobility and Kageyama's precision ball-handling. Together, they take on the local tournaments and vow to meet Kurasuno's fated rival school in the nationals.
Furudate first published a one-shot version of the manga in the Winter 2011 issue of Shueisha's Shonen Jump Next! magazine, and then ran another one-shot in the main Weekly Shonen Jump magazine later that year. In the following year, he launched the series version of the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump. Haikyu!! received a crossover story with Naoshi Komi's Nisekoi, another Weekly Shonen Jump manga that is inspiring a television anime.
Production I.G's Haikyu!! anime will premiere on Japanese television next April. Volume nine of the manga will go on sale on January 4.