Interest Goo Survey: Re-enacting Romance Tropes From Manga
posted on 2011-02-28 23:51 EST by Gia Manry
On December 20 and 21, 2010, the Japanese portal site Goo asked its female users the following question: "Of the typical scenes in a romance manga, which would you want to experience in real life?"
1,128 people responded to the survey, of which 11.9% were teenagers, 17.2% were in their twenties, 30.2% in their thirties, 23.2% in their forties, and 10% in their fifties, and 7.4% sixty or older. Among the respondents, these were the top 10 choices:
- Being hugged from behind and told "I love you"
- Being asked out in a slightly forceful manner, e.g. "You're going out with me today"
- Being patted on the head and told to "Do your best!"
- Discovering that their male confidante was in love with them
- Turning to look behind them and being kissed by surprise
- Having someone worry about them and look into their eyes while asking "what's wrong?"
- Being fought over by more than one man
- Being grabbed by the chin and kissed suddenly
- Seeing him off at the train station and being dragged on to the train at the last second
- Having him wipe their tears away while saying "Don't cry"
[Via What Japan Thinks]
Image © Go Ikeyamada