Fans Pick Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam As #1 Completed Manga They Want Animated
posted on by Lynzee Loveridge
The Anime! Anime! website asked readers to choose what completed manga they most want turned into an anime. This poll was held at the same time as the site's "Which Ongoing Manga Do You Want to See Animated?" poll. About 1,800 respondents picked their top three choices. Yūichi Hasegawa's Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam was the top choice in the poll.
The story takes place during the Universal Century timeline and follows Tobia Aronnax aboard the Smashion space craft as it heads to Jupiter. The ship is cut off by a crew of pirates called the Crossbone Vanguard, who save Tobia and bring him on the Mother Vanguard as a new crew member and Gundam pilot to fight the Jupiter Empire.
The full results include:
- Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam by Yūichi Hasegawa (Kadokawa Shoten)
- Muhyo & Roji's Bureau of Supernatural Investigation by Yoshiyuki Nishi (Shueisha/Viz Media)
- Psyren by Toshiaki Iwashiro (Shueisha/Viz Media)
- Karakuri Circus by Kazuhiro Fujita (Shogakukan)
- Pluto by Naoki Urasawa (Shogakukan/Viz Media)
- Mr. Fullswing by Shinya Suzuki (Shueisha)
- Kodoku no Gourmet by Masayuki Kusumi and Jiro Taniguchi (Fusosha)
- Animal Land by Makoto Raiku (Kodansha/Kodansha Comics)
- Happy Cafe by Kou Matsuzuki (Hakusensha/Tokyopop [out of print])
- Kaze Densetsu Bukkomi no Taku by Hiroto Saki and Jūzō Tokoro (Kodansha)