41st Single AKB48 Senbatsu Election Results Are In
posted on by Carlos Cadorniga
The votes have been counted up for the 41st Single AKB48 Senbatsu Election. The members of the famous idol group with the highest amounts of votes will participate in the recording of the upcoming 41st single.
The group member with the most votes is Rino Sashihara, who last topped the election back in 2013. As the top-voted in the general election, Sashihara will represent the other members as the center performer of the single.
- Rino Sashihara- 194,049 votes
- Yuki Kashiwagi- 167,183 votes
- Mayu Watanabe- 165,789 votes
- Minami Takahashi- 137,252 votes
- Jurina Matsui- 105,289 votes
- Sayaka Yamamoto- 97,866 votes
- Sakura Miyuwaki- 81,422 votes
- Sae Miyazawa- 75,495 votes
- Haruka Shimazaki- 73,803 votes
- Yui Yokoyama- 63,414 votes
- Rie Kitahara- 61,566 votes
- Miyuki Watanabe- 55,715 votes
- Kaori Matsumura- 53,667 votes
- Akane Takayanagi- 52,609 votes
- Ayu Shibata- 49,199 votes
- Tomu Mutou- 44,637 votes
The group also held its AKB48 Group Draft Kaigi 2015 on May 10 at the Ariake Colosseum. Individuals auditioned for the chance to then perform publicly at the event and hopefully be drafted into the idol group or one of its sister groups. Maria Inamura, a nominee who made headlines this past April by being the youngest girl to make the draft shortlist at only 11 years old. She was drafted into the HKT48 as "research student."
[Via Hachima Kikō]
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history