Shining Resonance PS3 Game's Extended Promo Introduces Characters
posted on by Emma Hanashiro
Sega's official YouTube channel began streaming an extended version of the promotional video for its upcoming Shining Resonance PS3 Game on Monday. The video adds an introduction for Hiroshi Kamiya's character Jenas Aion.
The text in the video reads:
- Once, the dragons that competed for supremacy of the Earth disappeared
- In a world where this is handed down as a myth
- A great power awoke within one boy
- A boy with the spirit of a dragon
- Heir to the shining dragon: Yūma
- A girl who inherited the song of a dragon
- Mother Nature's singing priestess: Kirika
- Five friends who fight with the dragon
- The lightning queen who guides the dragon: Sonia
- Explosive fire arts master: Agnam
- Whirlwind spirit user: Linna
- Elf knight of ice fang: Lesty
- "Dragonars" who use musical instruments as weapons to fight
- Those who are targeting the power of dragons
- Imperial Ronbaldia Sealed Church Warrior Association Beowulf
- Player of the magic eye: Marion
- The empires most unlucky destructive kinght: Zest
- The dragon princess knight of the god song: Imperial Princess Excela
- Dragons revived using the imperial army's science and technology
- That which the dragons destroy
- The aloof dragon slayer: Jenas
- The strongest rivals that await Yūma
- As Yūma is perplexed by his strong power that is hidden within him
- He fights, and as he is wounded, he grows
- Resonating with dragons, real time fighting system
- Realism of exploring a vast field
- And has the feel of exploring with many friends
- Command "Magic Instruments" to battle: "D Tune Battle"
- Deepen your bonds with your friends: Party Battle
- Transform into a dragon and defeat strong enemies
- The "magic song" awakens the dragon's true power
- A young girl's memories with the dragon's soul engraved in them, telling a sad but beautiful tale about the dragon
- Who is the true identity of the "dragon's bride"?
- When the girl's song sounds, the dragon in the heart is awoken
- Dragon and musical instrument-playing RPG
The story is set in a land of the gods known as Alfheim. The once proud race of dragons are ruined, and their souls are crystallized and scattered across the world. One day, a dragon named Yūma Irvan is discovered, and dragon slayers from the imperial army and church set out to find him. A girl saves the dragon from the dragon slayers, and they gather the Dragonars. The Dragonar warriors play musical instruments called Armonics that resonate with the dragon's soul.
The player will command a party of four to battle various enemies, including rival artificial dragons created by the empire. The "dragon and musical instrument-playing role-playing game" will feature seamless transitions from field to battle sequences.
The cast includes:
Yūma Irvan (Nobunaga Shimazaki), the protagonist who takes the form of both a human and a dragon
Sonia Blanche (Asami Seto), a heroine of the story who acts as the party's leader
Kirika Towa Alma (Saori Hayami), the other heroine and a girl who inherited an ancient song
Agnam Bretthart (Mamoru Miyano), a hot-blooded man who wields fire
Georg Zalbard (Rikiya Koyama), leader of the church's elite forces.
Linna Mayfield (Ai Kayano)
Marion Lou Sheila (Miyuki Sawashiro)
Lesty Sera Alma (Yūichi Nakamura)
Zest Graham (Souichiro Hoshi)
Excela Noa Aura (Nana Mizuki)
Beatrice Irma (Houko Kuwashima )
Joachim Rubens (Kazuya Nakai)
Fromage (Ryou Hirohashi), a "pitch penguin"
Ginas Aion (Hiroshi Kamiya), a dragon slayer
King Albert (Hideyuki Tanaka), pictured top right, and Head Knight Burroughs (Unshou Ishizuka), pictured bottom left
Tony Taka will return to the Shining series as the character designer with Tsuyoshi Sawada as the game's producer. The game will ship in Japan on December 11, and the regular version will cost 8,222 yen (about US$77). The limited edition that bundles a Kirika figure will ship for 16,800 yen (US$164).
Players who pre-order the game will receive a code for a "Idol Costume" pack for Yūma, Kirika and Sonia.
Sega launched its Shining game franchise with Shining in the Darkness in 1991, and Shining Ark, the most recent main game, shipped for the PlayStation Portable in 2013. The 2010 Shining Hearts role-playing game inspired the Shining Hearts -Shiawase no Pan- television anime.