Bandai Namco Ent. Streams Project X Zone 2 Game's 1st Promo Video
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe began streaming a Japan Expo trailer in English for its Project X Zone 2 sequel 3DS game on Thursday. The trailer reveals the more than 30 characters that will be playable in the game.
Bandai Namco Entertainment also streamed a Japanese trailer for the game on Thursday. The first 7.5 minutes of the Japanese trailer is the same as the European trailer, except the Japanese trailer lists the Japanese voice actors for each of the characters. The last minute of the Japanese trailer previews the special bonuses for the Japanese release.
The playable characters introduced in the videos include:
- Reiji Arisu and Xiaomu from Namco x Capcom
- Felicia from Darkstalkers (Vampire)
- Nana Kozuki and Ciel Alencon from God Eater 2
- Ulala from the Space Channel 5 series
- Ken Masters and Ryu from the Street Fighter series
- Axel Stone from the Streets of Rage series
- Yuri Lowell and Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia
- Aty from Summon Night 3
- Ichiro Ogami, Erica Fontaine, Sakura Shinguji, and Gemini Sunrise from the Sakura Wars series
- Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine from Resident Evil: Revelations
- Leon S. Kennedy from Resident Evil 6
- Kazuya Mishima and Jin Kazama from the Tekken series
- Kage Maru and Akira Yuki from the Virtua Fighter series
- Maya Fey and Phoenix Wright from the Ace Attorney series
- Kazuma Kiryu and Goro Majima from Yakuza: Dead Souls
- Kite from .hack// and Haseo from .hack//G.U.
- X and Zero from the Megaman X series
- Hotsuma from Shinobi
- Strider Hiryu from the Strider series
- Natsu from Soul Calibur V
- Dante and Vergil from the Devil May Cry series
- Valkyrie from the Adventure of Valkyrie series
The strategy role-playing game will ship in Japan on November 12, and it will ship in Europe in early 2016. Bandai Namco Entertainment had previously announced that the game would ship this fall in North America, Europe, and Japan.
Bandai Namco Entertainment America will reveal news about the game at its panel at Anime Expo on Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
Similar to the first game, the sequel features characters from various Bandai Namco Entertainment, Sega, and CAPCOM franchises. Monolith Software Inc. is developing the game, which will allow players to "maneuver characters into position and perform strategic attacks using different combinations in real time."
The first Project X Zone Nintendo 3DS simulation role-playing game featured more than 50 playable characters from 29 CAPCOM, Sega, and Namco Bandai Games franchises. Franchises featured in the game included Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Vampire (Darkstalkers), Street Fighter, Mega Man, Virtua Fighter, Shining Force EXA, Tales of Vesperia, Tekken, .hack, Xenosaga, Valkyria Chronicles, Sakura Wars, Space Channel 5, Dynamite Deka (Die Hard Arcade), Resonance of Fate, God Eater, and Super Robot Wars Original Generation, among others.
The game shipped in North America in June 2013 and in Europe in July 2013. The game shipped in Japan in October 2012, and Namco Bandai Games announced in January 2013 that it would release the title in North America, Europe, and Australasia.