Haikyu!! Stage Play Unveils Aobajōsai High School Cast, Visual
posted on by Karen Ressler
The cast includes:
- Kōsuke Asuma as Tōru Oikawa
- Yūya Hirata as Hajime Iwaizumi
- Kōta Sakamoto as Yūtarō Kindaichi
- Shōtarō Arisawa as Akira Kunimi
- Masanari Wada as Shigeru Yahaba
- Kenshin Saitō as Shinji Watari
- Sonde Kanai as Takahiro Hanamaki
- Ryō Hatakeyama as Issei Matsukawa
The magazine previously revealed the cast for the Karasuno volleyball team:
- Kenta Suga as Shōyō Hinata
- Tatsunari Kimura as Tobio Kageyama
- Ryōtarō Kosaka as Kei Tsukishima
- Kairi Miura as Tadashi Yamaguchi
- Kōhei Shiota as Ryūnosuke Tanaka
- Shōhei Hashimoto as Yū Nishonoya
- Kazuma Kawahara as Chikara Ennoshita
- Keita Tanaka as Daichi Sawamura
- Hiroki Ino as Kōshi Sugawara
- Justin Tomimori as Asahi Azumane
The "manga x play x video hybrid performance hyper projection play" will run at the AiiA 2.5 Theater Tokyo in mid-November. It will then travel to Osaka's Theater Brava! in late November, and finally to the Tagajō Shimin Kaikan's Great Hall at Miyagi's Tagajo City Cultural Center in early December. "Worry Kinoshita" is directing the stage play, and Norihito Nakayashiki is writing the script.
Production I.G's anime adaptation of Haruichi Furudate's volleyball manga premiered in April 2014. Sentai Filmworks has licensed the series for North American digital and home video release, and Crunchyroll streamed the series as it aired.
The story follows Shōyō Hinata (voiced by Ayumu Murase in the anime), who began playing volleyball after seeing the "Small Giant" who played the sport when he was in elementary school. He suffers a crushing defeat in his first and last tournament in middle school at the hands of his rival Tobio Kageyama (Kaito Ishikawa). So, Hinata joins Karasuno High School's volleyball team, vowing revenge against Kageyama.
However, Kageyama is also on Karasuno's team. The former rivals form a legendary combo with Hinata's mobility and Kageyama's precision ball-handling. Together, they take on the local tournaments and vow to meet Kurasuno's fated rival school in the nationals.
Furudate's manga also received an anime special for the Jump Special Anime Festa event on November 9. This special received a DVD release with the 15th volume of the manga on March 4. The manga has also spawned a series of novels, and a Nintendo 3DS game adaptation shipped in Japan on September 25.
Furudate first published a one-shot version of the manga in the Winter 2011 issue of Shueisha's Shonen Jump Next! magazine, and then ran another one-shot in the main Weekly Shonen Jump magazine later that year. In the following year, he launched the series version of the manga in Weekly Shonen Jump. Shueisha published the 16th compiled volume on May 1.