News Dragon Quest Heroes II Reveals New Protagonists
posted on 2016-01-28 14:00 EST
This year's ninth issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump will unveil five new characters for Square Enix's Dragon Quest Heroes II: Futago no Ō to Yogen no Owari (Dragon Quest Heroes II: The Twin Kings and the End of the Prophecy) action game for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, and PS Vita on Monday. Akira Toriyama (Dragon Ball) returned to design the new characters.
- Razel: The male protagonist. A military cadet in the country of Jaiwall who transferred from the neighboring country of Orenka. He's hot-blooded is quick to run ahead. He fights with two swords
- Tereshia: The female protagonist. A military cadet in the country of Jaiwall, and Razel's cousin. She's level-headed, the perfect contrast to Razel's tendency to run ahead.
- Cesar: The prince of Jaiwall and the protagonist's childhood friend. He's admired as a man of character, but hard to handle when he flies into a rage.
- Orneze: A soldier who serves King Zebion. She's famous as the red female warrior who wields a giant ax. She's cheerful and reliable.
- King Zebion: Ruler of Zebion, a union of seven countries.
Dragon Quest series game designer Yuji Horii previously stated that the game will have a different story. Homiron, a character from the previous Dragon Quest Heroes game, will return to serve as the game's instructor character.
Square Enix released Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree's Woe and the Blight Below in Japan on February 26 for the PS3 and PS4. Square Enix then released the game in North America on October 13, and in Europe on October 16.