Live-Action Teiichi no Kuni Film's Poster Visual Unveiled
posted on by Alex Mateo
The official website for the live-action film of Usamaru Furuya's Teiichi no Kuni (Teiichi's Country) manga unveiled the first poster visual on Tuesday. The poster displays actor Masaki Suda as protagonist Teiichi Akaba licking a shoe. The text reads, "By licking the shoe, I win."
The poster started being displayed in Japanese theaters on Saturday. The movie is scheduled to open in Japan on April 29, 2017.
The cast includes (clockwise from top left):
- Masaki Suda as Teiichi Akaba
- Shūhei Nomura as Kikuma Tōdō, Teiichi's underhanded classmate and childhood friend
- Ryōma Takeuchi as Dan Ōtaka, Teiichi's naturally charismatic classmate
- Shōtarō Mamiya as Roland Himuro, the student favored to be the next student council president
- Kōtarō Yoshida as Jōsuke Akaba, Teiichi's father, and an alumnus at Teiichi's Kaitei High School
- Mei Nagano as Mimiko Shiratori, Teiichi's secret friend
- Jun Shison as Teiichi's right-hand man, the uncommonly handsome Kōmei Sakakibara
- Yudai Chiba as Okuto Morizono, a member of the shogi club
The manga's story follows the high school student Teiichi Akaba and his student government struggles at a private boys' school in Shōwa-era Japan.
Furuya launched Teiichi no Kuni (Teiichi's Country) in the inaugural issue of Jump SQ. 19 in May 2010, but moved the manga to the main Jump Square magazine in its March 2012 issue. Shueisha shipped the 14th and final volume in May.
The manga has already inspired three stage plays, and the latest stage play, "Saishūshō" Gakuran Kageki: Teiichi no Kuni -Kessen no Last Dance- ("Final Chapter" School Uniform Opera: Teiichi's Country -Bloody Battle's Last Dance-), ran in Tokyo in March.
Source: Comic Natalie