Major 2nd Anime Adds More Cast Members
posted on by Egan Loo
- Taichi Ichikawa as Hayato Urabe
- Shintarou Oohata as Andy Suzuki
- Norihisa Mori as Tashiro
- Takeshi Kusao as Fujii
- Shunsuke Sakuya as Hideki Shigeno
- Junko Noda as Momoko Shigeno
Mori, Kusao, Sakuya, and Noda are reprising their roles from the first Major anime.
Previously announced cast members include:
- Natsumi Fujiwara as Daigo Shigeno
- Showtaro Morikubo as Goro Shigeno
- Kōtarō Nishiyama as Hikaru Satō
- Masakazu Morita as Toshiya Satō
- Kana Hanazawa as Mutsuko Sakura
- Natsumi Takamori as Izumi Shigeno
- Yuko Sasamoto as Kaoru Shigeno
- Yui Horie as Michiru Mayumura
- Jun Fukushima as Wataru Mayumura
Major 2nd will premiere on NHK E-TV on April 7 at 5:35 p.m. (3:35 a.m. ET).
Ayumu Watanabe (Doraemon films, Space Brothers, After the Rain) is directing the anime at NHK Enterprises. Michihiro Tsuchiya, Kenji Konuta, Mitsuyo Suenaga, and Kenichi Yamashita are penning the scripts. Kenichi Ohnuki (Gundam Build Fighters Try, Gurazeni, Golden Kamuy) is designing the characters. Kotaro Nakagawa (Code Geass, Cross Game) is composing the music. The official website for the anime announced more cast members on Tuesday.
Kyūso Nekokami is performing the opening theme song "Koete Ike" (Go Beyond It). Yuu Takahashi (Orange opening theme) performs the ending theme song.
Mitsuda launched the manga in Weekly Shonen Sunday in March 2015 as the first new installment in the manga series in five years. Shogakukan published the manga's 12th compiled book volume on January 18, and the 13th volume will ship on March 16. The sequel manga inspired an animated commercial in December 2015.
The sequel series follows Daigo, the son of the protagonist of the first Major manga.
Mitsuda serialized Major in Weekly Shonen Sunday from 1994 until 2010. Shogakukan published 78 compiled book volumes for the series. The story begins when Goro Honda's father, a professional baseball player, dies in an accident. This gives him the motivation to try and become a pro baseball player himself.