Live-Action Isekai Izakaya "Nobu" Series Unveils Additional Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The new cast includes: (Top row, left to right in image above)
- Jin Shirasu as Nikolaus, a palace guard in the capital
- Yutaka Kobayashi as Hans, a palace guard who is entranced by the food at Nobu
- Akane Hotta as Hermina, Bertholdt's wife
- Yuzumi Shintani as Eifa, a girl who works at Nobu
- Shinnosuke Abe as Bertholdt, Nikolaus and Hans' superior officer
- Arisa Yagi as Eleonore, the owner of "The Songbird's Shanty," one of the three dominant riverine ferry guilds in the capital
- Tomoharu Shoji as Lorentz, Hans' father
- Yūki Ogoe as Reinhold, the owner of "The Goldwillow Dinghy," another riverine ferry guild
- Katsuyuki Miyake as Holga, Lorentz' old friend
- Ryuhei Watabe as Gotthart, the owner of "The Seadrake's Scales," another riverine ferry guild
- Seina Sagiri as Liontine, a female mercenary
- Kazuki Namioka as Gernot, a contracted tax collector
- Zen Kajiwara as Damian, a man who considers Nobu an enemy
- Ryosei Tayama as EDWIN, a church deacon
- Eisuke Sasai as Backeshof, a wealthy merchant and burgomeister
Ryōhei Ōtani (right in image above) stars in the series as the shopkeeper and chef of Nobu, and Rena Takeda (left) co-stars as the waitress Shinobu.
The series will air on the WOWOW Prime service starting on May 15. The show will have 10 total episodes, and the first episode will be free.
Semikawa launched the novel series on the Shōsetsu-ka ni Narou ("Let's Be Novelists") website in 2012, and the series won the site's "Ni Narou Con Taishō" contest award. Takarajimasha began publishing the story in print with illustrations by Kururi in 2014.
The novels center on a bar called "Nobu" — located in Kyoto, Japan, but with a door that is connected to the bar in another world. The visitors include denizens of the other world, and customers seek out its excellent "Toriaezu Nama" ale and cuisine.
The novels inspired a net anime series of 15-minute shorts that premiered in April 2018. Crunchyroll streamed the series under the title Isekai Izakaya: Japanese Food From Another World worldwide except in Asia with subtitles in English, Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, German, and Arabic. bilibili streamed the series in Asia.