Luminous Witches Anime's Promo Video Reveals Animation Studio SHAFT
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
Kadokawa began streaming a special animated short promo video on Thursday for the Renmei Kūgun Kōkū Mahō Ongakutai Luminous Witches (Allied Air Force Magical Idols Luminous Witches) television anime series.
The video reveals more staff members, including SHAFT as the animation studio:
- Assistant Director: Kana Harufuji
- Animation Character Design: Kazuya Shiotsuki
- Familiar Design: Mina Ōtaka
- Art: Studio Pablo
- Color Design: Jin Hibino
- Director of Photography: Rei Egami
- Editing: Rie Matsubara
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
- Music Producer: Gō Wakabayashi
- Project Leader/Producer: Takashi Tachizaki
- Producer: Mitsutoshi Kubota
- Animation Producer: Kōichi Yasuda
The anime will premiere in 2021. The story centers on a unique squadron of "witches who don't fight." Instead, the squadron sing and perform music to protect the smiles of those who have been driven out of their hometowns by the Neuroi.
The anime stars:
- Sayaka Tsuzuki as Eleonore Giovanna Gassion (third from left in image above)
- Ami Aimoto as Lyudmila Andreyevna Rouslanova (fourth from left)
- Mai Narumi as Virginia Robertson (fifth from left)
- Minako Hosogawa as Inori Shibuya (fourth from right)
- Ryō Mamiya as Aira Payvikki Linnamar (third from right)
- Kyō Tachibana as Joanna Elizabeth Stafford (far left)
- Miu Kotosaka as Sylvie Cariello (second from left)
- Momo Hanae as Maria Magadalene Dietrich (second from right)
- Misaki Yuki as Manaia Matawhaura Hato (far right)
Humikane Shimada drew the character designs for the new Witches. Shimada and Projekt World Witches are credited with the original work. Shouji Saeki (episode director and scriptwriter for Strike Witches and Strike Witches 2) is directing the anime and handling the series composition. Shinya Murakami is credited for the "Witches series literature." Kadokawa is producing the music.
The anime's main cast formed an idol unit last year, and the first CD single, "Flying Skyhigh," will ship on May 27.