Salaryman's Club Badminton Anime's 2nd Video Unveils Mafumafu's Ending Song
posted on by Egan Loo
The official website for TV Asahi and LIDEN FILMS' original badminton sports anime Salaryman's Club (Ryman's Club) posted the anime's second promotional video on Saturday. The video announces and previews the ending theme song "Nisen Gohyaku Man no Ichi" (1/25,000,000), which Mafumafu created for the anime.
Mafumafu explained that the song's title comes from the reported odds — one in 25 million — that we are spending time now with the people we hold dear.
The anime focuses on badminton players on a corporate team, with characters who work at a day job in a company and also play badminton. The story centers on Mikoto Shiratori, a childhood prodigy at badminton, but who never recovered from a major loss during a high school competition. Now, he works in the sales department of the Sunlight Beverage company, playing badminton on the side.
The cast members include:
(From left to right in images above)
- Junya Enoki as Mikoto Shiratori
- Shinichiro Miki as Tatsuru Miyazumi
- Kaito Ishikawa as Sōta Saeki
- Ryota Ohsaka as Tōya Saeki
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Kōki Takeda
- Yūki Ono as Daiki Oginome, who was #2 in the doubles' world ranking with Hayato Kirishima
- Ayumu Murase as Ayato Misora, the 17-year-old prodigy making his team debut
- Haruki Ishiya as Jun Yagami, who draws in spectators with his flashy plays
- Yukihiro Nozuyama as Ryo Natsuki, Yagami's doubles partner
- Daisuke Namikawa as Masahiko Utsugi, the Unisics coach was once a popular, charismatic player
- Daiki Hamano as Shiryu Tonozaki, a blunt person who has no filter
- Shunichi Toki as Yuho Mashiba, a passionate man who loves muscles above all else
- Nobuhiko Okamoto as Yukei Saruhashi, a brash and impulsive man that remains hard to dislike
- Tomokazu Sugita as Kotetsu Gokura, a man of few words but with a powerful style of play
- Atsushi Imaruoka as Kohji Matsushita, a polite coach with a rotten core
- Makoto Furukawa as Naohiro Izumo, who once worked at Sunlight Beverage and competed as a pair with Tatsuru
- Ryotaro Okiayu as Sentaro Ibuki, a #1 player in the male badminton singles world
- Shun Horie as Shuhei Nakamura, a rival-turned-partner of Chiaki from another school
- Yusuke Shirai as Chiaki Takimoto, Shuhei's current partner
- Kenji Hamada as Hajime Masatoki, a coach who aims for absolute skill and brooks no failure
The anime will premiere within the NUMAnimation anime programming block on TV Asahi, CS TV Asahi Channel 1, and 24 affiliates on January 22, and on BS Asahi on January 28. Crunchyroll will stream the anime.
Aimi Yamauchi (City Hunter: Shinjuku Private Eyes unit director, Killing Bites episode director) is directing the anime at LIDEN FILMS, which previously animated the badminton anime Hanebad!. Yamauchi is also in charge of series composition alongside Teruko Utsumi (Sarazanmai). Suzuhito Yasuda (Durarara!!, Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? light novels) drew the original character designs, and Majiro (Barakamon, Macross Delta, 22/7) is drawing those character designs for animation. The group fox capture plan is composing the music.