News Shonen Jump's 4-Minute J-Stars Victory Vs. Game Video Shows New Cast
posted on 2013-10-03 22:55 EDT
Namco Bandai Games began streaming the second four-minute promotional video for its J-Stars Victory Vs. "team battle action" video game on Friday.
The video begins by defining three important keywords for this Shonen Jump 45th anniversary game: friendship, effort, and victory. Then it proclaims that the game assembles generations of heroes who embody the burning Jump spirit, for the ultimate dream battle. The new characters include:
- Yūsuke Urameshi (Yu Yu Hakusho)
- Gon Freecss (Hunter x Hunter)
- rival Sasuke (Naruto Shippūden)
- rival Zebra (Toriko)
- rival Vegeta (Dragon Ball)
- Tarō Yamada (Chinyūki -Tarō to Yukaina Nakama-tachi-)
In the battle system, characters can collaborate for combination attacks and combine their powers for "victory voltage." Players can set up traps, and certain characters can jump in as support characters to help players — specifically, Jaguar (Pyu to Fuku! Jaguar).
The rest of the character roster include:
- Toriko (Toriko)
- Kenshin Himura (Rurouni Kenshin)
- Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
- Luffy (One Piece)
- Goku (Dragonball Z)
- Naruto (Naruto Shippuden)
- Kankichi Ryotsu (Kochira Katsushika-ku Kamearikouen-mae Hashutsujo)
- Medaka Kurokami (Medaka Box)
- support character Misogi Kumagawa (Medaka Box)
The 3D fighting game will allow players to use Naruto's "Shadow Clone," Luffy's "Gum Gum Stamp," Toriko's "Nail Punch," Goku's "Kamehameha," Yūsuke's "Spirit Gun," Gon's "Janken Gū," and other famous moves from Jump characters.
Fans could vote for some of the characters that will be featured in the game. The video adds that more characters and the latest info will be revealed in future issues of Weekly Shonen Jump and V Jump magazines.
Namco Bandai Games is launching the "ultimate Jump game" on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita systems.