Tomokazu Sugita, Megumi Hayashibara, Tohru Furuya Cast in Pacific Rim Film's Dub
posted on by Sarah Nelkin
Warner Brothers revealed the Japanese dub cast for director Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim film on Wednesday.
- Tomokazu Sugita as Raleigh Becket (played by Charlie Hunnam)
- Megumi Hayashibara as Mako Mori (Rinko Kikuchi)
- Tesshô Genda as Stacker Pentecost (Idris Elba)
- Tohru Furuya as Dr. Newton Geizler (Charlie Day)
- Yuji Mitsuya as Dr. Hermann Gottlieb (Burn Gorman)
- Shuuichi Ikeda as Herc Hansen (Max Martini)
- Shigeru Chiba as Tendo Choi (Clifton Collins Jr.)
- Daisuke Namikawa as Chuck Hansen (Robert Kazinsky)
The Pacific Rim film is about a futuristic war between humans and beasts called “Kaiju” (Japanese for monster) that rose from a portal in the Pacific Ocean and have killed millions of lives. The humans then create robots called Jaegers (German for hunter) as a counter-measure to the threat.
The film will premiere in American theaters on July 12, and in Japanese theaters on August 8.
Trailer narrated by Sugita added. Thanks, Nunzia
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history