Live-Action Jigoku Sensei Nube Previewed in Video
posted on by Sarah Nelkin
Students: Nube? That's a weird name.
Narrator: A clumsy and block-headed useless teacher!
Nube: That's cold!
Narrator: He protects his students for demons!
Nube: It's... The fault of demons!
Girl: There's no way demons exist.
Boy: S-Save us...!
Narrator: A hero who has the hand of an ogre!
Nube: Give me power in my ogre hand! Don't lay a finger on my students!
Narrator: New program, Jigoku Sensei Nube. Starting on October 11 at 9 p.m.
Nube: Take this! Forced exorcism!!
The show's main cast includes:
- Ryūhei Maruyama (Wild 7, Strawberry Night) as Meisuke "Nuubee" Nueno
- Mirei Kiritani (live-action Arakawa Under the Bridge, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney) as Ritsuko Takahashi
- Mokomichi Hayami (Gokusen 2, Zettai Kareshi - Kanzen Muketsu no Koibito Robot) as Kyōsuke Tamamo
- Mizuki Yamamoto (live-action Black Butler) as Izuna Hazuki
- Hideki Takahashi (Pokémon the Movie: White - Victini and Zekrom's Zekrom) as Mugenkai Jikū
- Kang Jiyoung (Koisuru Maison ~Rainbow Rose~) as Yukime
The drama series is slated to premiere in October and will air on Saturdays at 9:00 p.m. The new series shifts the story's setting from elementary school to high school.
Makura and Okano serialized the original manga from 1993 to 1999 in Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. The original manga series centers around Nube, a young male teacher whose left hand is an "oni hand." He resolves cases by using the power of his left hand to purify evil spirits.
Makura and Okano published a one-shot manga titled "Jigoku Sensei Nube: Ōmagatoki" in Grand Jump in April, 15 years after the original manga ended. The duo then launched a sequel manga titled Jigoku Sensei Nube Neo in Grand Jump Premium's June issue on May 28. The first compiled volume of the sequel will ship on October 3.
The original manga inspired a television anime series, a video anime series, and three anime films.
[Via Hachima Kikō]