News BBK/BRNK TV Anime Sequel's October Premiere, Title Revealed
posted on 2016-08-07 23:05 EDT
The September issue of Kadokawa's Newtype magazine is revealing on Tuesday that the sequel to the BBK/BRNK television anime series will be a television anime titled BBK/BRNK Hoshi no Kyojin (Giants of the Star), and will premiere in October. ("Hoshi no Kyojin" is the inverse of the popular classic baseball manga and anime Kyojin no Hoshi or Star of the Giants.)
Both the main staff and cast are all returning for the sequel anime.
The original anime series serves as SANZIGEN Animation Studio's 10th anniversary animation project. The series premiered in Japan on TV Tokyo on January 9. Crunchyroll streamed the anime as it aired in Japan.
The story begin when Azuma Kazuki finds himself attacked and captured by armed strangers, upon returning to Japan after having been away for 10 years. What saved him was his childhood friend, the girl Kogane Asabuki, and the Bubuki that had become her right hand.
The cast includes:
- Yūsuke Kobayashi as Azuma Kazuki
- Ari Ozawa as Kogane Asabuki
- Sōma Saitō as Hiiragi Nono
- Shizuka Ishigami as Kinoa Ōgi
- Mikako Komatsu as Shizuru Taneomi
- Megumi Han as Banryū Reoko
- Kenjiro Tsuda as Shūsaku Matobai
- Yōko Hikasa as Zetsubi Hazama
- Subaru Kimura as Munenari Shinsō
- Kazuyuki Okitsu as Akihito Tsuwa
Daizen Komatsuda (Evangelion 1.0, The Tale of the Princess Kaguya key animation) made his directorial debut with the series. Jirō Ishii (CANAAN, Under the Dog, Monster Strike) and Yukinori Kitajima (Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash!, Hamatora, Brynhildr in the Darkness) are in charge of the scripts. Yuusuke Kozaki (Speed Grapher, Donyatsu, Fire Emblem: Awakening) designed the characters. Tatsuya Yoshikawa (Breath of Fire series, Devil May Cry 4) is credited for "Buranki Design." Masaru Yokoyama (The Rolling Girls, Your Lie in April, Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans) is composing the music. Quadrangle was credited with the original work.
The additional staff included:
- Bubuki Design - Asagiri
- Mechanical design - Takeshi Takakura
- Prop design - Yoshinori Iwanaga
- Sub-Character Design - Tomomi Ozaki
- Visual Design - Tomoyuki Arima, Takuya Sejima
- CG Supervisor - Daisuke Suzuki