News VFX-Japan Awards Nominates Napping Princess, Blame!, Lu over the wall, Land of the Lustrous, Kado
posted on 2018-02-05 18:00 EST by Karen Ressler
The official website of the VFX-Japan Awards announced the winners of the 2018 Excellence Awards last Wednesday. The winning titles, across eight categories, are effectively nominees for the Best Award, which will be announced at a ceremony at Akihabara UDX on March 8. The VFX-Japan members and staff will vote for one title from each of the eight categories to win the Best Award.
Live-Action Theatrical Film Category:
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Kaizoku to Yobareta Otoko
Animated Theatrical Film Category:
- Napping Princess
- Lu over the wall
Television Program VFX Category:
- Seirei no Moribito Season 2
- Hyokko film credits
Television Anime CG Category:
- The Last Guardian
- Gravity Rush 2
- Gran Turismo Sport
Commercial and Promotional Video Category:
- Kyary Pamyu Pamyu / "Harajuku Iyahoi"
- Kanmon PR Movie "Come On! Kanmon!"
- CRAZYBOY / "NEOTOKYO"
- Shinkansen Year 2017 "Shiki o Hashiru Shinkansen"
Short Film Category:
- "Beyond the Moment of Beauty – Into the Galaxy"
- "Blade Runner: Black Out 2022"
- "ZOIDS FIELD OF REBELLION"
- 67th Kōhaku Uta Gassen (Red and White Song Battle) Tochō Chūkei
- ONWARD presents Gekidan☆Shinkansen "Dokurojō no Shichinin" Produced by TBS
The VFX-Japan Awards recognize creations in live-action film, video games, commercials, animated film, TV, and events that excel in the use of CG and VFX.
Source: Animation Business