Aniplex USA Announces Katsugeki Touken Ranbu's Blu-Ray Set, English Dub Cast
posted on by April
Aniplex of America announced at Sakura-Con on Friday that it will release Katsugeki Touken Ranbu on a dual-language Blu-ray Disc box set. The company screened an English-dubbed trailer.
The English dub cast, under ADR director David Vincent, includes:
- Robbie Daymond (Sailor Moon's Tuxedo Mask) as Izuminokami Kanesada
- Ben Diskin (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure's Joseph Joestar) as Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki
- Billy Kametz (Sword Gai: The Animation's Seiya Ichijo) as Yagen Toushirou
- Zach Aguilar (Fate/Apocrypha's Sieg) as Horikawa Kunihiro
- Xander Mobus (March comes in like a lion's Takeshi Tsujii) as Tonbokiri
- Mark Whitten (Hunter x Hunter's Flutter) as Tsurumaru Kuninaga
- Khoi Dao (March comes in like a lion's Rei Kiriyama) as Konnosuke
- Cristina Vee (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's Nanoha Takamachi) as Saniwa
- Alan Lee (Aldnoah.Zero's Shigo Kakei) as Yamanbagiri Kunihiro
- Griffin Burns (Ajin's Ko Nakano) as Honebami Toushirou
- Todd Haberkorn (Fairy Tail's Natsu Dragneel) as Mikazuki Munechika
- Kyle McCarley (Your Lie in April's Ryota Watari) as Higekiri
- Joe Zieja (Fate/Apocrypha's Rider of Red) as Hizamaru
- Kaiji Tang (Bungo Stray Dogs' Osamu Dazai) as Oodenta Mitsuyo
Pre-orders are currently open and the box set will be available July 10. The box set includes animated bonus content, a deluxe booklet, bonus soundtrack CD, and illustrated postcards.
Aniplex of America describes the story of the television anime:
The year is 1863 as the tumultuous samurai era is coming to an end, Japan is split between the pro-shogunate and anti-shogunate factions. The fate of the world is threatened as an army of historical revisionists are sent from the future to alter the course of history. In order to bring these forces down and protect the real history, two sword warriors, spirits who are swords brought to life by Saniwa (sage), rush to Edo. The polite and thoughtful Horikawa Kunihiro and the short tempered yet skillful Izuminokami Kanesada, who served the same master, confront the invading army along with a lively gang of other warriors including Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki, Yagen Toushirou, Tombokiri, and Tsurumaru Kuninaga.
As the fate of history lies in these hero's hands, what meets the blade is yet to be uncovered...
Toshiyuki Shirai (Fate/Zero, Tales of Zestiria the X animation director) directed the television series at ufotable. Mitsuru Obunai, Masaru Kimura, and Masayuki Kunihiro were the sword fight animators. Tatsuya Yamamura was in charge of historical research, and Kōgyoku Watanabe was the sword fight supervisor. The show had eight character designers, each handling the animation design for a different character.
The anime has a theatrical project in the works.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history