Katsugeki! Touken Ranbu Anime Reveals 8 Designers for 8 Characters
posted on by Karen Ressler
The staff of the Katsugeki! Tōken Ranbu (Action Picture! Touken Ranbu) television anime series announced eight character designers at a preview screening of the first episode on Monday. Each character designer is handling the animation design for a different character:
- Toko Uchimura, designing Izuminokami Kanesada
- Moe Tsuzuki, designing Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki
- Miyuki Ishizuka, designing Horikawa Kunihiro
- Rio Niisato, designing Yagen Tōshirō
- Yuka Shiojima, designing Tonbokiri
- Miki Yamazaki, designing Tsurumaru Kuninaga
- Kayo Onizawa, designing Saniwa
- Yukako Serai, designing Konnosuke
The staff also revealed that Junko Minagawa will play Saniwa and Takuma Nagatsuka will play Konnosuke.
The previously announced cast includes:
- Ryohei Kimura as Izuminokami Kanesada
- Kento Hama as Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki
- Junya Enoki as Horikawa Kunihiro
- Seiichirō Yamashita as Yagen Tōshirō
- Tooru Sakurai as Tonbokiri
- Sōma Saitō as Tsurumaru Kuninaga
Aniplex of America describes the series:
The year is 1863 as the tumultuous samurai era is coming to an end, Japan is split between the pro-shogunate and anti-shogunate factions. The fate of the world is threatened as an army of historical revisionists are sent from the future to alter the course of history. In order to bring these forces down and protect the real history, two sword warriors, spirits who are swords brought to life by Saniwa (sage), rush to Edo. The polite and thoughtful Horikawa Kunihiro and the short tempered yet skillful Izuminokami Kanesada, who served the same master, confront the invading army along with a lively gang of other warriors including Mutsunokami Yoshiyuki, Yagen Toushirou, Tombokiri, and Tsurumaru Kuninaga.
As the fate of history lies in these hero's hands, what meets the blade is yet to be uncovered...
Toshiyuki Shirai (Fate/Zero, Tales of Zestiria the X animation director) is directing the series at ufotable. Mitsuru Obunai, Masaru Kimura, and Masayuki Kunihiro are the sword fight animators. Tatsuya Yamamura is in charge of historical research, and Kōgyoku Watanabe is the sword fight supervisor. Hideyuki Fukasawa (Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, Flowers of Evil) is composing the music. Sōma Saitō is performing the show's opening theme song, and Kalafina is performing the ending theme song.
Honami Tsuda is launching a manga adaptation of the series in the August issue of Shueisha's Jump SQ. magazine.
Source: Moca News