News The Fable Manga Inspires Live-Action Film
posted on 2018-06-22 18:10 EDT by Karen Ressler
Katsuhisa Minami's The Fable manga has been green-lit and is slated for 2019. Kan Eguchi is directing the film and Yūsuke Watanabe is writing the script.
The cast includes:
(Top row in image above, left to right)
- Junichi Okada as Fable
- Funimo Kimura as Yōko, Fable's optimistic and heavy-drinking partner
- Mizuki Yamamoto as Misaki, the first ordinary woman Fable meets in Osaka
(Bottom row in image above, left to right)
- Kōichi Satō as the Boss who trained Fable to kill from a young age
- Sōta Fukushi as Hood, an assassin hired by Sunakawa to kill Fable
- Yūya Yagira as Kojima, Ebihara's close friend who is released from prison and chases Misaki
- Osamu Mukai as Ebihara's enemy Sunakawa
- Ken Yasuda as Fable's manager Ebihara
In the manga, a fabled genius at killing resides somewhere hidden in Osaka. Taught since childhood to obey the orders of his boss, he is ordered to live in Osaka as a normal person for one year in order for the boss to lay low.
A spinoff manga launched on Kodansha's new "Comic Days" app and web service on March 6. The spinoff has the same name, but written in Hiragana instead of Katakana.