Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer Film Tops Japan's Box Office for 1st Half of 2018
posted on by Karen Ressler
Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer (Meitantei Conan Zero no Shikkōnin) ranked #1 at the Japanese box office for the first half of 2018. The film, which opened on April 13, earned the equivalent of US$76.4 million.
Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's Treasure Island (Eiga Doraemon: Nobita no Takarajima), the highest-grossing film in the Doraemon franchise, ranked at #3, earning the equivalent of US$47.1 million.
These two films and Hirokazu Koreeda's Shoplifters(Manbiki Kazoku) film, which ranked #5, were the only three Japanese films in the top 10.
According to Box Office Mojo, the top 10 films are as follows (as of press time):
- Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer: US$76.4 million (opened April 13)
- The Greatest Showman: US$48.2 million (February 16)
- Doraemon the Movie: Nobita's Treasure Island: US$47.1 million (March 3)
- Coco: US$46.3 million (March 16)
- Avengers: Infinity War: US$33.8 million (April 27)
- Shoplifters: US$33.8 million (June 8)
- The Boss Baby: US$30.7 million (March 21)
- Ready Player One: US$23.4 million (April 20)
- Jurassic World: fallen Kingdom: US$20.4 million (July 13)
- Deadpool 2: US$16.2 million (June 1)
Eiga Crayon Shin-chan Bakumori! Kung-Fu Boys ~Ramen Tairan~, which opened on April 13, ranked #12 with US$14.7 million. Chihayafuru: Musubi (Chihayafuru: Conclusion), the third live-action film of Yuki Suetsugu's Chihayafuru manga, opened on March 17 and ranked #15 with US$13.6 million.