Live-Action Chihayafuru Films Get Sequel
posted on by Crystalyn Hodgkins
The staff of the two live-action film adaptations of Yuki Suetsugu's Chihayafuru manga announced on Friday that a sequel has been green-lit. The staff made the announcement at a stage greeting event for the second film Chihayafuru: Shimo no Ku (Chihayafuru: Lower Phrase), which opened in Japan on Friday.
TOHO additionally began streaming a digest video on Friday that summarizes the first film.
The first film, Chihayafuru: Kami no Ku (Chihayafuru: Upper Phrase), opened March 19. The films star:
- Suzu Hirose as Chihaya Ayase
- Shūhei Nomura as Taichi Mashima
- Mackenyu as Arata Wataya
- Yūki Morinaga as Tsutomu Komano
- Yūma Yamato as Yūsei Nishida
- Mone Kamishiraishi as Kanade Ōe
- Jun Kunimura as Harada
- Mayu Matsuoka as Shinobu Wakamiya
- Miyuki Matsuda as Taeko Miyauchi
- Hiroya Shimizu as Akihito Sudō
- Ryōtarō Sakaguchi as Hiro Kinashi
Norihiro Koizumi (Midnight Sun, Kanojo wa Uso o Ai Shisugiteru) directed both films.
Suetsugu launched the manga in Kodansha's Be-Love magazine in December 2007, and Kodansha published the manga's 31st volume on March 11. The series inspired the first 25-episode television anime season from October 2011 to March 2012, and the second 25-episode season aired in Japan from January-June 2013. Additionally, the 22nd volume of the manga bundled an original anime DVD when it shipped in September 2013.
Source: Comic Natalie