Tokusatsu Gagaga Manga About Tokusatsu-Loving Woman Gets Live-Action Show
posted on by Karen Ressler
NHK announced on Tuesday that a live-action television show based on Niwa Tanba's Tokusatsu Gagaga manga will premiere on January 18, 2019 at 10:00 p.m. on NHK. The show will have seven episodes.
The main cast includes:
- Fūka Koshiba as the protagonist Kano Nakamura
- Yuki Matsushita as Nakamura's mom
- Kana Kurashina as Nakamura's senpai and fellow tokusatsu fan Yoshida
- Haruka Kinami as Kitashiro, Nakamura's coworker
- Kokoro Terada as Damian, an elementary school boy
- Manabu Takeuchi as Mr. Chivalry, who has a scary face
The manga's story centers on Kano Nakamura, a 26-year-old office worker seen as highly desirable in her workplace, but is in truth a tokusatsu (special effects shows) geek. She lives in fear of being found out: sneaking around town to get capsule toys for her favorite shows, singing tokusatsu songs alone in karaoke, and living her life with her heroes' credo in her heart.
Tanba launched the series in Shogakukan's Big Comic Spirits magazine in August 2014. Shogakukan shipped the 13th compiled volume on June 9 and the 14th volume will ship on September 28. The manga was picked for Takarajimasha's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! (This Manga Is Amazing!) list of best manga for male readers for 2016, and it was a winner of the 21st Annual Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize last year.
Source: Comic Natalie