A Destructive God Sits Next to Me Anime Reunites Drama CD Cast
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for A Destructive God Sits Next to Me, the television anime of Arata Aki's Boku no Tonari ni Ankoku Hakaishin ga Imasu. (There is a Dark God of Destruction Next to Me) manga, revealed on Friday that the anime's cast members are reprising their roles from the manga's 2016 drama CD. The cast includes:
- Jun Fukuyama as Seri Koyuki
- Takahiro Sakurai as Kabuto Hanatori
- Ryohei Kimura as Utsugi Tsukimiya
- Tsubasa Yonaga as Hibiki Kimya
- Shinnosuke Tachibana as Kimikage Mogami
- Kousuke Toriumi as Shikimi Tokimune
- Ai Kayano as Kotoko Sumiso
- Yoshiko Ikuta as Suzuran Mogami
- Toshiki Masuda as Aitsu
- Takayuki Kondou as homeroom teacher
- Chinatsu Akasaki as Cerberus
Atsushi Nigorikawa (Love Tyrant, Between the Sky and Sea, Anime De Training! Ex) is directing the anime at EMT Squared. Natsuko Takahashi (Love Tyrant, My Love Story!!, The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar) is handling the series composition, Yuki Nakano (key animator for Kan Colle, Nisekoi - False Love) is designing the characters, and Kanako Hara is composing the music.
The manga follows Seri Koyuki, a high school student who tries to avoid strange people because he knows he will just end up being the the straight man to their antics. Enter Kabuto Hanadori, Koyuki's classmate who has chūnibyō (second-year middle school syndrome) and claims his eyepatch seals his god of destruction alter ego. Everything about Hanadori exudes the need for a straight man to keep him in check, and sure enough Koyuki is drawn in.