GrimGrimoire OnceMore Game's Trailer Previews Combat
posted on by Alex Mateo
NIS America began streaming a gameplay trailer on Wednesday for GrimGrimoire OnceMore, the remaster of Vanillware's GrimGrimoire PlayStation 2 game, and it previews combat:
The game will launch in North America on April 4 and in Europe on April 7 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Nintendo Switch.
NIS America's release will include English and Japanese audio, and will be the first PS5 version of the game. (It did not launch on PS5 in Japan.) NIS America's release will include a deluxe edition that includes an art book, a soundtrack, a cloth poster, acrylic stands, keychains, art cards, and a collector's box.
NIS America describes the remastered game:
GrimGrimoire OnceMore brings the classic PS2 strategy adventure from Vanillaware into the present! Join trainee magician Lillet Blan as she begins her journey at Silver Star Tower and harnesses her latent magical abilities to dispel the tower's secrets and save her friends from the dangers lurking within!
The game launched in Japan on July 28.
The Japanese cast includes:
- Iori Saeki as Lillet Blan
- Naoya Miyase as Bartido Ballentyne
- Miharu Hanai as Margarita Surprise
- Ryūnosuke Watanuki as Surley
- Yuta Aoki as Hiram Menthe
- Miho Morisaki as Amoretta Virgine
- Teruo Seki as Gammel Dore
- Hiromichi Tezuka as Advocat
- Akari Kageyama as Opalnaria Rain
- Kazuyoshi Hayashi as Chartruese Grande
- Michitake Kikuchi as Calvaros
- Wakana Maruoka as Lujei Piche
- Eriko Matsui as Gaff
The 2D real-time strategy game's remaster includes improved high-resolution visuals, new voice recordings, and new features such as "Great Magic" and "Skill Trees." There is also new fast-forward and in-battle save options, as well as a new hard difficulty.
The original game launched for PS2 in 2007 in Japan and in the West.