Arc System Works Drops Puzzle / Rhythm Sensation Magical Beat on PlayStation Vita Today
Arc System Works brings the drop-down rhythm puzzle sensation featuring music by the Nico Nico celebrity and sound creator Kikuo to North America
YOKOHAMA, JAPAN (June 17, 2014) - Arc System Works, developer of world-class fighting games such as the Guilty Gear and BlazBlue series, is excited to announce that rhythm/puzzle game Magical Beat is available for purchase today in North America as a digital download for PlayStation®Vita.
Magical Beat remixes the puzzle genre by adding in a beat! Drop colored blocks in a match-3 style to the background music's rhythm with perfect timing to send blocks to your opponent's screen. Charming 8-bit characters and menus guide you through stages with different BPMs for unique challenges and combo possibilities. Magical Beat features an original Vocaloid soundtrack created by Nico Nico celebrity and prolific sound creator Kikuo.
Upcoming downloadable content features cameos and tunes from Arc System Works' flagship titles: XBlaze Code: Embryo, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear. Pixelated versions of BlazBlue fighters like Ragna, Noel, and Taokaka and XBlaze Code: Embryo characters such as Es and Touya make special appearances in Magical Beat.
About Magical Beat
- Title: Magical Beat
- Developer/Publisher: Arc System Works
- Platform: PlayStation®Vita
- Genre: Rhythm / puzzle
- Price: $9.99 USD
- Players: 1-2 via Ad Hoc
- Match colored blocks to the beat in a unique rhythm/puzzle game hybrid
- Original soundtrack composed by Nico Nico celebrity and prolific Vocaloid sound creator Kikuo
- Thirteen colorful pixel-art characters
- Planned DLC content includes character cameos and music from Arc System Works' flagship titles: XBlaze Code: Embryo, BlazBlue, and Guilty Gear
More information can be found on the official website at www.arcsystems.us