News Knights of Sidonia Anime's 1st Minute Streamed
posted on 2014-02-21 14:20 EST
King Records began streaming the first minute of the anime adaptation of Tsutomu Nihei's Knights of Sidonia manga on Thursday. The video, which features a battle in space against an alien, reveals that the 12-episode series is slated to premiere on MBS ' "Animeism" programming block in April.
Starchild International announced on its Twitter page on Friday that Eri Kitamura and Angela will be singing the show's theme songs. Starchild previously announced that Angela would perform the opening theme song. Eri Kitamura will play Honoka Series in the show.
Netflix will stream the series "firstly and exclusively" in both the Japanese audio with English subtitles and in "dubbed local language dialogue" in all Netflix territories this summer.
The show's Japanese-language cast is as follows:
- Ryota Ohsaka as Nagate Tanikaze
- Aya Suzaki as Shizuka Hoshijiro
- Aki Toyosaki as Izana Shinatose
- Takahiro Sakurai as Norio Kunato
- Hisako Kanemoto as Yuhata Midorikawa
- Eri Kitamura as Honoka Series
- Sayaka Ohara as Captain Kobayashi
- Tomohiro Tsuboi as Ichirō Seii
- Takehito Koyasu as Ochiai
- Satomi Arai as Lala Hiyama
- Atsuko Tanaka as Samari Ittan
- Nanako Mori as Eiko Yamano
- Takako Honda as Sasaki
- Kousuke Toriumi as Tsuruuchi
- Ayane Sakura as Mozuku Kunato
- Osamu Saka as Shinsuke Tanba
Kobun Shizuno (G.I. Joe: Sigma 6, Detective Conan movie) is directing the anime with co-director Hiroyuki Seshita (Street Fighter x Tekken, Final Fantasy). Sadayuki Murai (Steamboy, Millennium Actress) is writing the scripts and serving as series script supervisor, and Yuki Moriyama (Street Fighter x Tekken, Dino Dominion) is adapting the characters for animation.
The manga's story takes place after humans flee Earth due to the devastating invasion of alien creatures called Gauna. Humans travel through space in giant ships while the Gauna continue to pursue them. As a new human culture develops, people fight the Gauna with Morito (Guardian) robotic mecha. A young man named Nagate Tanikaze trains as a Morito pilot aboard the spaceship Sidonia and defends its people from Gauna attacks.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history