• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zettai Bōei Leviathan (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
@ Ignatz: I actually wasn't implying you were a bully, it was a coincidence that I asked if you were a bully; and decided to run a little experiment. Back when you made your comment was right after I happened to read a controversial piece on bullying prevention. Basically it concentrates on changing the victim, not the bully. Your bully-like comment just happened to be precisely appropriate for the same type of response that bullying victims are instructed to give to play mind games with the bully: Force the bully to rationalize that they are wrong.

So continuing on the scales discussion, apparently it doesn't matter what they are. Anything, regardless of what they are wearing before or after transformation sort of temporarily phases in and out of existence (at will). When they transformed their bikinis disappeared, scales came back and then their outer battle dress appeared and when they ran out of steam "poof" they're back to bikinis. For the sake of animation, the scales serve really as a solution to temporary nakedness during transformation sequences. What they actually are in the world of Aquafall, I don't think were going to get more of an explanation that what we've already seen.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:21 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
It's 2013. Why do people still waste money to make an absolute crap series like this one? Confused

Sorry, but I just watched the first episode, and I just can't understand how can anyone watch a show like this and not be bored to death.

I know this issue has already been discussed and I'm late to the party, but I really hate when somebody acts like a moron in this way. How can you be older than 5 and still not understand that DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT REACTIONS TO THINGS?

It's fine if you are bored by this show. Feel free to say so. But don't be an ignorant tool. Don't editorialize about how everyone should feel the way you do. Because that's exactly what you are doing. Don't be a slack-jawed pointy-headed a-hole.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 9:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

It is finally back after a week off. Who knew that a fire user would be so spoiler[unfit for a desert]. Although spoiler[Bahamut's complaints] did kind of make the episode.

And I don't care how many times I have seen it, it is always funny to see people spoiler[spit sand out like it water]. Not often do you see spoiler[cute versions of vermin smashed up and eaten to the bone]. Over the top axe jokes work.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 7
Who knew that a fire user would be so spoiler[unfit for a desert].

she's a pampered, spoiled little girl, so her magical affinity is irrelevant
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:49 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

Why would Jorm mistake her name as spoiler[Kero-chan]? *checks Google* Oh, Heqet is an Egyptian goddess of fertility, and has a frog head, that explains it. It is not exactly similar to a serpent, but it does stay with the theme of connected to water. I thought that it was Syrop that did all the introduction talking at the beginning of episodes, although it sounds like it may have been Heqet instead. And in writing that and looking at the picture did I suddenly realise that Heqet's hair accessories look like frog eyes. Is there something in the character who is most loli like being named after the Egyptian goddess of fertility?

Kind of late to say it now, but I will mention that I kind of like the style of the series putting up words in the Aquafall language before having it translate into Japanese.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
It's like they're stuck is some ridiculously long quest chain. Go here, do this, go there, get that for me. they get sidetracked way too often. At least they gained another ally and Levi-tan spoiler[evolved], so I guess that's progress
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

I laughed at the convoluted game like challenge of collecting the spoiler[three herbs from different environments], it was so cheesy that it was funny, and at least it was wrapped up in a single episode. Well I also laughed when Fire Drake spoiler[did his really cool entrance that made me think "looking cool", only to then see he was the size of Syrup]. I actually found it an interesting blend of CGI and more traditional animation with Syrup and Fire Drake.

picking lots was not the best, the spoiler[waterfall screamed that Leviathan should have gone, and the ice also sounded like a job for Bahamut]. I don't think that Bahamut can actually spoiler[control lava], Jormungand might have mixed up how Bahamut's and Leviathan's powers work. Funny that Jormungand was fighting with her own imagination, or when Bahamut said that Leviathan would not say spoiler[it is impossible only for it to cut to her saying the exact word].

What?
Levia-tan spoiler[is Evolving]! *music starts playing* (I wanted a older better video but that was it)
Congratulations! spoiler[Your Levia-tan evolved into Levia-dos].
Finally she can spoiler[learn something other than Splash].

On that note presumably by type advantage Syrup will have an advantage over the dragons, by my analogy Leviathan should be safe. Now I will geek out more and give the other two false dragon alternatives? Bahamut should be Charzard line, and Jormungand should have.... maybe Tyranitar line, although the Axe thing makes me think of an actual dragon type.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Jorm's sisters are adorable. I was expecting something very different with Levia's spoiler[evolution]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

They have three adorable lolis, and what do they do? They include a skit involving two of them actually bleeding, I think it is the first blood of this series. Not that I am complaining, I thought the Rudra, Ragon & Metal part was very entertaining, that is even despite it supposed to be coming off as cheesy.

Leviathan's spoiler[evolution change may not have been drastic, but the change in golden hair and red eyes to clash against her usual blue colour] looked great. Makes me want to see the others. Also looked like Heqet was spoiler[frustrated at her manless lifestyle.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Also looked like Heqet was spoiler[frustrated at her manless lifestyle.]

I think you mean Kero-chan, don't you? Wink (By the way, I think the lolis called her that too which shows name-mangling runs in the family) Anyway, I must have missed that element - what makes you say that?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:43 am Reply with quote
She asked them to spoiler[bring as many guys as possible the next time they decide to visit].
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
I missed that. Is that from the CR feed or do you watch a fansub? Anyway, that innocent looking shrine loli guardian is obviously a little trollop.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
It was fansubs, I don't know what it was under CR.

According to the fansubs she said: "spoiler[When you do return, you are welcome to bring some fine gentlemen. As many as you can find]." She then blushed, the girls then acted awkwardly before smiling.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
I just checked and that dialogue was in the CR feed too - I guess I just missed it. SLUT!!!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I just checked and that dialogue was in the CR feed too - I guess I just missed it. SLUT!!!

just thinking ahead so the temple has a future guardian
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5