• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Set List - Top 10 OPs of 2014

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KitKat1721

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:22 pm Reply with quote
My top 10 this year:

Honorable Mention: MushiShi Zoku Shou OP

10. Akatsuki no Yona OP 1
9. Ping Pong the Animation
8. Garo
7. Noragami
6. Your Lie in April OP 1
5. Barakamon
4. Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
3. Tokyo Ghoul
2. Zankyou no Terror
1. Amagi Brilliant Park

I wonder what the runner-ups were (if there were any) for this video, since Hope's older videos usually featured around 20 openings.

I like the idea for this video series, especially if there is a possibility for specific composer retrospectives/top lists. I'm not sure if I love the video formatting (it just seems like a lot of black with the video just in the corner) but it doesn't really bother me that much.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
IKKIsama wrote:

I'm not even surprised it doesn't include Yowamushi Pedal, even though the first and second seasons have some of the best openings of 2014.

Yowapedal premiered in 2013.

Also, you can always vote for any title you want that is missing from the list simply by entering it in the "other" field.
Athelia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:32 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy to see this new column! I'm a pretty big anime music nerd.

Half of the songs (1 and 7-10) are favourites of mine - the other 5 are just series I hadn't watched. But because of this list I'll be checking out Your Lie in April songs. I'm also a pretty big sucker for good vocal harmonies.

I'm surprised that No Game, No Life didn't make the list. It's probably my favourite song of the year, followed closely by Yuuki Yuna. Others would include Chaika, Fate/Stay, Sailor Moon Crystal (say what you will about the show...i certainly will, the OP is still great), Chunibyou, Nobunagun, and Akuma no Riddle.

(Thank you ANN's Mega Poll results for reminding me of the shows that came out this year!)

Log Horizon is an OP I hated at first...but then around 5 episodes in I found myself inexplicably singing along...so it's definitely my pick for song that grew on me the most. Although, Hanayamata, Nozaki-kun and Nobunagun all took 2-3 episodes before the song really caught me.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
This is an awesome idea for a column and a great way to present it. Kudos all around.

Honestly I've been watching Ops & Eds much less than I used to and just skipping straight to the meat of the show (especially when marathoning), so I hope to find some gems I may have missed.

Looking forward to more!
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Athelia wrote:
I'm really happy to see this new column! I'm a pretty big anime music nerd.

Half of the songs (1 and 7-10) are favourites of mine - the other 5 are just series I hadn't watched. But because of this list I'll be checking out Your Lie in April songs. I'm also a pretty big sucker for good vocal harmonies.

I'm surprised that No Game, No Life didn't make the list. It's probably my favourite song of the year, followed closely by Yuuki Yuna. Others would include Chaika, Fate/Stay, Sailor Moon Crystal (say what you will about the show...i certainly will, the OP is still great), Chunibyou, Nobunagun, and Akuma no Riddle.

(Thank you ANN's Mega Poll results for reminding me of the shows that came out this year!)

Log Horizon is an OP I hated at first...but then around 5 episodes in I found myself inexplicably singing along...so it's definitely my pick for song that grew on me the most. Although, Hanayamata, Nozaki-kun and Nobunagun all took 2-3 episodes before the song really caught me.

not surprising it took you long to like the OP for log horizon. though i liked it after ep 2.

as for the new FSN, not so much cause nothing would outdo the OP for the 2006 version.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5