• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Kid's Anime Pretty Rhythm Strips Down Male Idols for New Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jirg1901

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:28 pm Reply with quote
(on its own)

My impression was RL swung a bit older than that because of all that adult content but I'm willing to defer. Children's shows have relatively volatile fanbases because kids tend to change entertainment habits quite easily and often compared to adults though.

This movie does nothing for me and I think there are probably other things in RL much more deserving of expansion on, I just don't find anything particularly offensive about it when things like Batman TAS and the grim Tim Burton movies or the extremely crude Michael Bay Transformers and Transformers Animated have existed simultaneously.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote
CatSword wrote:
I find this hilarious. Imagine a popular Western cartoon like Adventure Time doing this. You've still got it, Japan! Laughing

Since the franchise has been traditionally aimed at little girls, I'd say a closer equivalent would be Strawberry Shortcake, or now that the movie's reminded me of it again, Jem and the Holograms: Get their male characters and make them naked (and attractive if they weren't in the original material), then promote their naked selves in their ads.

That'll get the angry parents protesting.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:20 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

That'll get the angry parents protesting.

Not to mention the SAME male characters were featured in the PriPara movie this year. The movie for little girls.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3