• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto's Itachi Shinden-hen TV Anime to Premiere in March

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, going by the description, I'm assuming this won't have any spoilers for people who haven't started watching the final arc yet. It's the Lengend of Sasuke part that they have to worry about.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:14 pm Reply with quote
What exactly were people thinking this would be other than just another filler arc, I wonder if the main anime will just go into it by making it a part of Jiraiya's book that is still ongoing lol, plotwise Itachi is about to do *something*.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:07 pm Reply with quote
i hope cc2 does a better job this time and doesn't pad the hell out of cutscenes like in storm 3, because that's clearly how i'm going to be seeing the stuff animated anytime soon.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
What exactly were people thinking this would be other than just another filler arc, I wonder if the main anime will just go into it by making it a part of Jiraiya's book that is still ongoing lol, plotwise Itachi is about to do *something*.

As far as I know, the novels are considered canon. It would be odd to try and insert this story into the current dream/alt reality arc when it is neither of those things.

No one seems to quite know for sure, but the way things have been worded contrary to the announcements of previous Naruto filler and special arcs really does seem to suggest it might be a standalone series (keyword on might), which, if true, adds some credence to a rumor I've heard recently, that being Shippuden will be taking a break either at the end of February or sometime in March (ending the current filler arc), with this Itachi mini-series airing in it's timeslot, and Shippuden returning once it concludes.

Not sure how much stock we can put behind that rumor, but it's an interesting idea, and would give them another buffer without having to extend the current arc any further.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:17 am Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
i hope cc2 does a better job this time and doesn't pad the hell out of cutscenes like in storm 3, because that's clearly how i'm going to be seeing the stuff animated anytime soon.

If 3's cutscenes did feel like it was padding anything at the very least you could take solace in the fact you could skip the majority of it's cutscenes.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:32 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The combined 5th/6th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine announced on Monday that the anime of the Naruto spinoff novels Itachi Shinden (The True Legend of Itachi) will premiere in March 2016.

Issue #5-6 is apparently not officially due out until 1/4/16. So it shouldn't be announcing it until next Monday.
Kazamuki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:54 am Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Dragon Ball Z ended eight months after its manga(but then, of course, went into GT immediately after and stayed on the air for a year and change). It's been a year and six weeks since Naruto ended. Not only does Shippuden have to finish the manga, but Boruto is obviously going to be animated. So, yeah, Naruto is not over by a long shot.
Yup, Kishimoto and Pierrot just have no intentions of letting it end......
Dextres

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Drunk wrote:
According to an user on Narutoforums who is always posting the next few episodes (from a Japanese TV magazine or something like that), there won't be any episodes in the next two weeks. The two episodes after that will be still in Tsunades dream arc and it looks like they will continue after that. So I guess that when Tsunades dream arc ends, they'll start airing Itachi Shinden.

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54893576&postcount=1

http://www.narutoforums.com/showpost.php?p=54894492&postcount=5

After reading the summaries, real Danzo would be rolling over in his grave to see the mess his dream self is doing.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
^ Ditto Fugaku, Neji and Hizashi.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
So it's looking as if we'll get the Naruto filler until March, then Itachi for about 26 weeks, then maybe the final arc in September to finish out the year. At this point I'm inclined to ignore the series until it wraps up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2