• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KochiKame Manga Gets Collaborations With 11 Shonen Jump Manga This Year

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:49 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

Something else I think needs to be pointed out: You're telling people not to call Bleach garbage while calling Naruto garbage at the same time.
ain't I a stinker
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:00 pm Reply with quote
_Darkblondie_ wrote:

Obviously it is not. They just revealed that Naruto is best-selling anime franchise for Tv Tokyo due to its popularity both inside and outside of Japan. Movies and video games helped increase the company's profits. On the other hand there was nothing new about Bleach franchise for years so they are not same...

Kishimoto did a 5-6 pages of collaboration chapter on Kochikame Jump btw
yeah but Bleach still had the IOS game, they keep bringing back the musical, and the live action movie that no asked for is coming (I'm not happy about two of them) but let's be frank here popularity doesn't always mean good or great. But thanks for replys, they're pretty entertaining
JDude042

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:20 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
but let's be frank here popularity doesn't always mean good or great.

It can go both ways really. Something could be considered a hidden gem, a great work not liked by many. Then you have something that's super popular, but probably for all the wrong reasons. I don't think anyone can deny that Kubo Tite really dropped the ball towards the end. He clearly didn't pace himself the way he should have, probably only had a specific amount of chapters to work with, but too much content all over the place to put them in and that backfired on him. That would explain the pacing issues, the insurmountable amount of plot holes and open ended events, and the lackluster & rushed conclusion.
theNightster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:50 pm Reply with quote
JDude042 wrote:
theNightster wrote:
but let's be frank here popularity doesn't always mean good or great.

It can go both ways really. Something could be considered a hidden gem, a great work not liked by many. Then you have something that's super popular, but probably for all the wrong reasons. I don't think anyone can deny that Kubo Tite really dropped the ball towards the end. He clearly didn't pace himself the way he should have, probably only had a specific amount of chapters to work with, but too much content all over the place to put them in and that backfired on him. That would explain the pacing issues, the insurmountable amount of plot holes and open ended events, and the lackluster & rushed conclusion.
I enjoyed the last however the actual ending is a different story. I agree Kubo just winged it instead of giving it more time for a better ending as a result a lackluster ending with a few things left up in the air, as for the popularity thing yeah I have a few examples of popular for wrong reasons, I don't really hate Sword art online for example....but I don't think it deserves the hype that it gets.
_Darkblondie_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:26 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
yeah but Bleach still had the IOS game, they keep bringing back the musical, and the live action movie that no asked for is coming (I'm not happy about two of them) but let's be frank here popularity doesn't always mean good or great. But thanks for replys, they're pretty entertaining

yeah but DBZ, Naruto and One Piece got movies and many games for console in past 4-5 years and I compare Bleach with them because it was supposed to be in same league, right? and it gets nothing, even its anime didn't come back yet thats why I think @JDude042 has a point. Yeah I agree popularity doesn't always mean good or great but I replied for the part (people don't give a shit about it anymore) which one is good or great is a personal opinion...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:55 am Reply with quote
Even though this is a collaboration, this is a good sign for "Beelzebub" fans as that manga will have a brief return.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2