• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks to Dub Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories, Golden Time Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LokiReed

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:25 am Reply with quote
But Ghost Stories has one of the best dubs in existence, lol. Why would you re-dub it?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:31 am Reply with quote
LokiReed wrote:
But Ghost Stories has one of the best dubs in existence, lol. Why would you re-dub it?

they aren't. Pretty sure Discotek has it now. this is a different show
Chichiryuutei

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:05 pm Reply with quote
About time Sentai did a dub for Golden Time. Now, I can add it to my collection.

Sentai definitely seems to be investing that VRV money into dubs. Good job
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Sure, Golden Time is no Toradora but I like it, Ghost Banri and all. But, yeah, this is another show on the Sentai "Why wasn't this dubbed sooner?" list.

So is Pet Girl next? What about Stony Cat and Hentai Prince?
Gray Lensman

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Sure, Golden Time is no Toradora but I like it, Ghost Banri and all. But, yeah, this is another show on the Sentai "Why wasn't this dubbed sooner?" list.

So is Pet Girl next? What about Stony Cat and Hentai Prince?

I loved Pet Girl, but can't stand Toradora. It comes across to me like another in the long list of series that confuse Stockholm Syndrome for true love. I turned it off by episode 8 or so because I wanted to see Taiga used as a stand in for Megumi for the finale of Shiki.
Key

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Triltaison wrote:
Did Sentai elaborate what part of Yamishibai it will be dubbing? Will it be the same two seasons they did before, or did they acquire further seasons? I bought the original subbed release, but would absolutely double dip to own more of the series.

I was at the panel, and they offered no additional details about what part of it they would be dubbing. They seemed to be implying that they intended to do all of it, but that was definitely not said directly.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Triltaison

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:09 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Triltaison wrote:
Did Sentai elaborate what part of Yamishibai it will be dubbing? Will it be the same two seasons they did before, or did they acquire further seasons? I bought the original subbed release, but would absolutely double dip to own more of the series.

I was at the panel, and they offered no additional details about what part of it they would be dubbing. They seemed to be implying that they intended to do all of it, but that was definitely not said directly.

Thanks for sharing! I hope it sells well enough for them to warrant further seasons if it's just the same two, then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2